68

Ashton

"Good morning," I whispered, brushing my thumb against Viola's cheek, "breakfast is booked in an hour, and we have to get there,"

"Ash," she hummed, a small smile on her face, "cuddle me,"

"Viola," I laughed, "come on,"

"What do I wear?"

"Leggings and a top, I have packed you a dress and pyjamas for later,"

"Will Ava be okay here, without us tonight?"

"She will be,"

I threw her some clothes and waited as she got ready, stifling a laugh when she decided to hug me but also push me so that I fell on the bed.

"Mate, seriously,"

"Yeah, yeah, we need to go,"

I took her hand and headed downstairs, getting into the car and putting the map up.

"We are going on a treetop trail, then you can change and eat, and we are going to wander round the local town. Then, we are eating a meal out and going glamping,"

"Sounds great, thankyou ,"

"I felt like I needed a day alone, with you,"

"You don't have to do that to prove you love me, Ash. The other day we were taling about possibly having kids in the future, and I don't know about you but I am serious,"

"I know, and I am too,"

Since I was driving in a different environment, I refrained from holding her hand, finding my way to the restaurant I had booked for breakfast. We got our table, and then our plates, because I had chosen to go for a buffet.

We piled pur plates with home food, as well as new food, and sat opposite each other. She had gone for no makeup today, and honestly still looked stunning.

"How have you been, because we hardly get to talk properly,"

"I am okay. I am still really worried about my dad,"

"Luke is going to do his best to move him while we are away. He is in contact, and your dad will be in good hands,"

"And I am worried about moving and decorating right. What if the kids don't like their rooms? What is Marcus struggles to adjust and doesn't want to stay,"

"Marcus has made is pretty clear to me that he wants to stay, and you don't have to decorate by yourself,"

"I am just going through things right now that make everything else seem a lot worse. I want to get away from it,"

"I am not saying you shouldn't care about your dad, but the rest of your worries can leave this holiday. Realise that whoever is looking after your dad is doing all they can, and that nothing is in your control,"

"Yeah,"

"You can get through whatever life throws at you, because you have tons of safety nets,"

"Thankyou , Ash, I know you seem to remind me a lot, but it helps,"

I nodded, brushing my thumb against her knuckles as I held her hand.

"And for Ava, you are one of hers,"

"Can we talk about her? I know it is our day, but we are never alone,"

"Is something wrong?"

"Well not wrong, but she has changed, and I don't like where it is going. Perhaps when Marcus comes it will be back to the same, but she is so quiet Ash. She used to voice her opinion- she literally stormed off into town on her own once. I don't want her back to being argumentative, but she never starts a conversation with anyone but you,"