13

Ava

Friday was my favourite day. After school, I saw Lucy then I got to go home to everyone, knowing there was no school tomorrow.

Yesterday, Viola and I had made a lot of dough so that tonight we could make pizza.

Dad had chopped up lots of vegetables and some meat, the three of us making our pizza. Mine only had ham on, making dad start to add peppers and tomatoes. I whined and he pouted, putting it in the oven.

"Don't whine at me,"

"But I didn't want them,"

"Well the rule was at least two types of vegetables,"

I folded my arm and flopped on the sofa, Milo jumping onto my legs. Dad got a bottle of water out the fridge and walked over, giving it to me.

"There was no need for that,"

"I didn't want it," 

"You have to eat fruit and veg, and I know you like them,"

"I wanted the pizza how I wanted it,"

I knew myself that I was due on, because everything hurt and I was crying over a pizza. Despite knowing it was stupid, I couldn't stop.

"Ava," he chuckled.

"It's not funny,"

"Sorry," he smiled, "I'm gonna leave you to calm down,"

"No," I said, "hug,"

"If you ask properly,"

"Ash," Viola said, "just give her a hug, I'll take the vegetables off. Everyone is too tired for this,"

He sighed and held my hand, then lifted my head so he could sit on the sofa. I closed my eyes as he ran his fingers through my hair, my body relaxing.

Viola lifted my feet and sat under them, starting to rub them.

"You're being pampered ay?"

"How did you know?"

"You've had a long week," she said, "my feet hurt too,"

"Luke might give us something to help," dad said.

"Is Viola coming?"

"I'm walking the dogs,"

"Oh," I said, "okay. School ends on Wednesday,"

Dad hummed, huffing as I rolled to face him. He was losing patience.

"I went to my lessons today,"

"That's good," he said, "really good,"

"They said some things, but Mr Clark said not to listen to them because he was always made fun of for liking maths, and now he is happy,"

"Exactly, they have no idea how amazing you are. Can you go and set the table please?"

We ate our tea then went to dad's room, watching some tv. I let Viola cuddle with dad while I cuddled with the dogs. Milo kept licking my cheek, firmly sitting on my chest.