24

Ava

"Harry, I'm really worried,"

It was the middle of the night, and I couldn't sleep. What if tomorrow was horrible? What if we were the only people there, and everyone laughed at us?

"Ava, why are you awake?" he mumbled.

"I can't sleep,"

He lifted his duvet and I climbed into the bed, finding the warmth nice. Grandma's house wasn't as hot as home, and I was slightly cold.

"You don't need to overthink tomorrow. People turn up and have fun, nothing bad will happen,"

"The crowds though,"

"Stay with dad, it'll be okay,"

"Sorry I woke you up,"

"It's fine,"

He held his arm out and I hugged him, resting on his chest.

"It'll be okay,"

I ended up falling asleep again, waking up almost off the bed. Dad told me I always slept in weird positions. Once he took a photo to show me, and I knew he didn't mean any harm, but it upset me a lot. 

Harry was still asleep and snoring, but I was wide awake. I didn't want to wake him so I went downstairs, seeing grandma in the kitchen.

"Good morning, where were you last night?"

"Harry's room. I got worried about today,"

"Do you want to talk about anything? I know it always helps your dad,"

"You sound really smart, and like you helped him a lot,"

"It was a very different situation, but he had a lot of anxiety too. He had a lot of pressure, struggled with people at school, and lots brought him down. Family is important to his for that reason, as well as the boy's family,"

"How are Luke's and Michael's important though?"

"In university, they spent a lot of time at those houses because they live closer. Ashton often stayed over with their family, especially if he was having a hard time,"

"So just like Calum and everyone is important to me?"

"Exactly. What do you want to eat?"

"I'm not hungry,"

"You need something. Don't let the nerves stop you,"

I chose to have cereal, even though I felt super nauseous. My knee bounced up and down, and my heart raced. I didn't want to talk about it anymore, because I knew it was something to be excited about, so I went upstairs to get ready.

I wore my jeans and a white top with multicoloured stripes. Then, I wrapped my flag around my shoulders and grandma found a safety pin, but I remembered I couldn't wear it at Owen's house.

"I will have glitter too,"

"You look lovely. I hope you and Owen have fun tonight too,"

She hugged me, gently shaking me.

"I love you,"

"I love you too," she said, "go and watch some tv,"

Eventually, dad came, and I got into the car while he said goodbye to a sleepy Harry. Viola looked back and smiled, squeezing my hand.

"How is your back?"

"Okay,"

"Good. Do you have Owen's address?"