69

Ava

"Wake up!" I shouted, giggling as I heard Harry groan. Grandma and I had made breakfast, so while she calmly woke Lauren up, I jumped on Harry.

"Breakfast, before you get to go out with dad,"

Admittedly, it felt like everyone but me got a special day out, however I was going shopping with mum here and at home.

"We made breakfast,"

He hummed and wrapped his arms around me, scratching my back.

"It is really nice to see you so much,"

"It is?"

"Yeah, you and Marcus are both amazing. I am really excited for when he comes,"

"I get to see him on Sunday,"

"I know," he yawned, sitting up, "that will be good,"

"Hurry up you two," grandma called, Harry taking my hand and taking us outside. I sat with my plate and a glass of orange juice, swinging my legs under the table.

"Do we leave tomorrow?"

"We do, but it isn't anything to be sad about,"

"Good things are happening at home too," Lauren assured.

After breakfast, Harry and I got in the pool, just bobbing about and going on the floats. I felt slightly insecure because my tummy was bloated, but I tried not to focus on it. Harry didn't seem to notice- no one did- which I guessed was supposed to make me feel better. Instead, I felt bad for not feeling good.

"Ava, hey, what's up?" Harry asked, clicking his fingers in my face, "you need to get dry because Ash is coming home,"

"Oh, okay,"

"Do you want to talk?"

"I am okay,"

Even though we were in the pool, he pulled me into a hug, placing a small kiss on my cheek. We had become so much closer lately, and we always were, but I felt like I had been more open to the idea of letting myself go around family. I didn't always need to hide.

We got out the pool and went to our room, where I changed and waited for dad to come back. After two minutes, I got impatient, so I made a groupchat with Marcus and Julie so that I could call them both.

They would see each other a lot, so I wanted them to say hi anyway.

Marcus picked up first, then Julie, and I sat up excitedly.

"Hi. I wanted to call you both, and you can also say hello,"

"Hello," Julie said comically, "I am Ava's girlfriend,"

"Brother," Marcus said quietly, "how is Bali?"

"Good,"

"What are you doing today?"

"Going to the market with mum,"

"You'll find some good things I'm sure," Julie smiled, "you call Viola mum?"

"Yeah, and Marcus might as well. Marcus can move in before school,"