14

Ashton

I watched as Ava gave Luke a long hug, holding a bag of things. It hurt me to know she needed all of this, plus the shot Luke had given her.

What I had to remember was that if she wasn't here, she wouldn't have got these, and would still be in pain.

It stung a little when he'd asked me to leave the room, but I understood. Her and Luke did the exercise together, which for her was a really personal and emotional time.

"Are we going out for lunch?"

"Yeah, Viola is meeting us,"

"But I'm wearing this,"

"I brought you a spare top,"

"Thankyou,"

She hugged Michael too, then we got back in the car. I needed to read all of the medication to see if some needed an empty stomach, and some needed a full stomach. Some could make her drowsy, others wouldn't.

"Thankyou for making that easy, you were really good,"

"I still don't like it,"

"I know," I said, "but you can bear it, can't you?"

"I guess. Everything feels weird,"

"It's only because Luke brought attention to it. Let's get something to eat,"

I called Viola on the way there, holding Ava's hand tightly. We'd got out a little later than expected, so there was a table when we walked in.

I sat next to Viola, slipping my hand round her waist and kissing her head.

"Hey," she said quietly, "all good?"

"Better," I chuckled, "got a ton of stuff,"

"And Luke said I get massages whenever I want them,"

"Whenever you need them,"

"Can I change please?"

I nodded and handed her the top, gently squeezing Viola's thigh. Being able to call er my girlfriend wad an honour.

"Is she happy?"

"Happy enough," I smiled, "did you have a nice walk?"

"Yeah, it was nice to be outside, having some time to think,"

She took my hand from her leg, intertwining our fingers as the waitress came. I ordered us all drinks, but since Ava had been so picky lately I wanted her to choose the food.

She came out of the toilets, her cheeks flushing a deep red. Angrily, she threw the top in my lap, then plonked herself on the chair.

"What's up poppet?"

"My period came and I have nothing,"

"Then I will quickly pop to the shops,"

"There might be a pad in your car. It'll be big but work for now," Viola said, "I'll check,"

"I don't want my period," she cried, letting me shush her.

"I know, but we can deal with it now. I'll rub your tummy later,"

"I want Calum,"

"Well you're stuck with us,"

"Calum," she whined, hitting my hand away.

"Ava, I'm gonna say no. You can't have everything you want, and everyone on demand okay? Perhaps we can go round tomorrow,"

"It's not like that,"