88

Ashton

"Ash, I have been called to pick Ava up. Julie cheated on her," Viola said, catching up with my as I went to get more gloves.

"Wait- what?"

"She had an asthma attack, so Michael and I are heading to get her because he is off work, and I have no more patients,"

"Well then I will come,"

"No, Ash. We are going to get the worst so that you and her can have a mature conversation later. Harry and Marcus handled it all, Amber too, but she can't carry her school day on,"

"I am coming,"

"Ash, you have patients to see. I am her mum as you are her dad. I know you want to comfort her, but I can too,"

"I know," I breathed out, kissing her, "make sure she is okay,"

"She will be. I expect things got a little heated, that's all. Michael will keep her going, I will help her figure out what'll make it better,"

I grabbed the gloves and headed back to the exam room, pulling Cal into a tight hug.

"Julie broke up with Ava because she cheated on Ava. Mike and Viola have gone to get her,"

"Not you?"

"Viola insists I stay. I think it will work anyway, because sometimes she completely breaks with me,"

"As long as you're sure,"

"We have patients to see. I will pick up some bits to make her feel better,"

"I'll come over. I will go shopping and come round while you get her from therapy,"

"Thankyou," I breathed out, "how on earth do you comfort your kid in a breakup?"

"You remind them that they're not worth any less. Relationships are hard for her to make,"

"I know. I just want to hug her and let her know it's okay,"

"Right now, we focus on our patients. Later, we can give her all the support she needs,"

He lat my back and I nodded and sat down, seeing who was next.

"Mica, just a checkup," Cal said before I could read it. I smiled and put a Disney film on, Calum bringing her in. She was crying, tightly hugging her dad.

"Hey sweetheart," I said, standing up to greet her, "what are all these tears about?"

"It's okay Mica," her dad said, "he is going to count your shiny teeth,"

Gently, he put her down on the chair and I sat infront of her.

"I'm Ashton, and this is my friend Calum,"

"You have an elephant," she sniffed, pointing to my scrubs.

"I do," I chuckled, "and you have a disney film to watch look,"

"I can't see it,"

"If I lay my chair back, you can see it better,"

"Okay,"

Calum wiped her tears and gave her a bib while her dad took a seat.

"You are a superstar. Can you see the film now?"

She nodded and I got her a toy, putting on my mask and gloves.

"So you are eight?"

"Yes,"

"You brush your teeth by yourself then? Twice a day?"

"Yes,"

"Good job. Can I count them now?"