52

Ashton

Harry waited in the car while I knocked on Julie's door, her mum opening it.

"Hello, she's just grabbing her things,"

"Okay, thankyou,"

"Do you want a drink?"

"No thanks, my brother is waiting in the car," I smiled, "was she okay?"

"We had a few rocky moments, but she was lovely. She woke up in a bit of a fluster because she had slept in the same bed as Julie, and thought you might get mad, so that's completely our fault. She fell asleep and since she'd been cuddling Julie all day, we assumed she would be okay,"

"Of course it's fine. I tend to steer away from it at home just because if she did wake up and got confused, it wouldn't be pleasant, but her friend and Julie aren't the same,"

"She's honestly a pleasure to have,"

I heard her coming downstairs, her backpack on one shoulder as Julie walked by the other.

"Hey poppet,"

"Bye," she said quietly, hugging Julie. She also thanked her parents, and so did I, then I took her bag and her hand.

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, but I'm tired now,"

"Well, on the way back from work I picked up Harry and dropped Viola off at my mum's, so I thought it was a perfect chance to bake gingerbread,"

"With Harry?"

"Yeah, would that be good?"

She rubbed her eyes and nodded, opening the front door and climbing in. Harry looked a little upset as I climbed in, but Ava was leant against the door under the blanket.

"She's been doing a lot," I smiled, "She's tired, that's all,"

"We went bowling,"

"And how did you find that?"

"I lost,"

"Well that's okay, it means we can go back and practice,"

"Can I come?" Harry asked, "when you go,"

"Of course,"

Ava's eyes drooped and I nudged her arm, grabbing her attention again.

"It's not time to sleep. I know you slept a lot last night, so now it's time to be awake,"

"Okay,"

I chuckled lightly as she sat up, fiddling with the strap of her backpack. We headed home and she unpacked her things, then took a shower while Harry and I found the ingredients.

"Ash, our holiday is in two weeks,"

"I know mate, I booked it,"

"Well I'm excited. Mum is taking us shopping next week,"

"Next week?"

"Sales,"

"If any of you want any clothes, send me the link and I will order it. I don't care if mum says no,"

"Lauren keeps looking at this dress. She tells me about how she's saving every single time we call, and it's annoying,"

"I'd better buy it then, but don't say because it can be part of her Christmas present,"

He sent me the link and I ordered it, reminding myself to look for mum as well.

"Is there a pool?"