45

Ashton

"Thankyou for looking after them so long," I said, letting Milo lick my face as I picked him up. Montana was yapping at Viola, who sat in he hallway with her.

"Is it getting bad again?"

"Yeah. Lucy talked to me yesterday and is looking into medication, but as a last resort,"

"She'll be okay," he smiled, "I promise. Her mind is probably the most scary place to be right now,"

"I hate seeing her like this so much," I whispered, "screaming, and flinching, and just nodding along to to everything,"

"The past few months for her have been a lot to take in. She's going out more, she's got more classes, you and Viola are getting more serious, and she's been made fun off for who she is. I don't doubt for a second that she's stressed about Christmas, and thinking more about the past because she was potentially still there this point last year,"

"Medication though? To alter her mind,"

"It's not fair to let her keep going on like this though, is it Ash?" he soothed, hugging me tightly, "I know you hate seeing your daughter take all this medicine, and go through this, but it will make it so much easier for her if Lucy decides to go forward with it,"

"Yeah, you're right,"

"But Ash, you need your time alone and your help as well. Come round at some point,"

"I will, thankyou,"

"No, Ash, seriously. You always say that and don't come round,"

I nodded and hugged him again, Milo nuzzling into my neck as if he was joining in. Viola and I got back in the car and drove to my mum's, Viola staying with the dogs.

I was surprised to see Charlie with them, but Ava didn't seem to mind and held his hand as she leant on Harry.

"Ashton," Harry smiled, giving me a hug, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's worked out a bit more,"

"Dad," Ava mumbled, her eyes still dropping shut.

"You sleepy poppet?"

"Yeah,"

I chuckled, helping her stand up.

"And how has your summer been?" I asked Charlie, "when are you seeing your family?"

"We go away next week,"

"That'll be good,"

"You smell of Milo and Calum's house,"

"Well that's because he's in the car,"

Her shoulders stopped hunching and she hugged the two boys, heading out to the car.

"Well that's your goodbye," I smiled, "I'll see you soon,"

Harry hugged me again, before I also went back to the car. It was a relief to see her smiling, and her body relaxed.

"Can he sleep in my bed tonight?"

"If that's where he chooses to sleep,"

"Can I have a bath at home?"

"You're missing a word,"

"Please,"

"Of course. Is your body still aching?"

"A lot. It makes me a bit sad because I thought I was better,"

"You are getting better poppet, my body aches sometimes too,"