27

Ashton

"All better," Luke smiled, the two of them shuffling into the living room. This time, she pushed me out the way to sit with Michael, Cal and I moving up.

"That's good,"

"I'm hungry again,"

"Can you help me make lunch then?"

She nodded and came to the kitchen, where we made everyone a sandwich. Carefully, she took her's and Michael's through, quietly eating her own. I hated it when she felt like she had to mind her own business around people who cared for her.

"What's on your mind?" Michael pushed, brushing the hair from her face.

"What am I doing this week?"

"Well, Harry asked if you'd like to see his friends on Tuesday, you could perhaps see Julie, and Harry said he gave Sam your snapchat,"

"I've not had a message,"

"You don't really go on your phone, do you? I'd have a look just in case,"

She went on her phone and hummed, putting it back down.

"He couldn't message because I didn't add him back,"

"Oh right. If he wants to do anything then we'll sort it out,"

"Thankyou,"

"Decide when you want your nails done with Amber too,"

"Okay,"

"Can we trust you to be okay in Luke's office tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Can you visit?"

"We aren't sure," Calum said, "it's a hit and miss day because we have some patients tomorrow who really don't like being there. I'd imagine the day would run back to back,"

"Oh, okay,"

"In fact, you could go to Grandma's and spend some time with Lauren. Mum is picking up an extra shift but Lauren gets back from uni- she'd live your company.

"Yes please,"

I nodded and put my empty plate down, turning on the tv.

"We have Taylor, and Ashley, and Toby," Calum muttered.

"Toby is nice,"

"The other two aren't,"

"Dad, please can we watch a Disney film?"

"Choose one for us, then I think the guys will start to head off,"

"Oh,"

"You'll see us later this week anyway,"

"When is Viola back?"

"Not long after they've gone I expect,"

Contently, she watched the film, her and Michael under the blanket. It was a cooler day, and the air con had been on, so I guessed she was feeling the difference.

Luke leant on me, and I leant on Calum, putting my arm round his shoulder. Being with all my friends made me feel so safe and supported.

My family were my rock, but these guys were like... a boulder. I genuinely wouldn't get through a single day without them.

They fuelled my energy, and thoughts, helping me come up with the ideas and positivity I needed. They offered advice, they let me cry to them, and they celebrated my happiness.

I never dreamt I would have friends like this. I never dreamt I'd have someone like Viola, and I never dreamt I'd have such an amazing daughter. Lauren was in uni, Harry worked so hard at school, and I was so proud.