60

Tw. Abuse
Ava

I sat next to Marcus at the table, opposite Harry. The food smelt amazing, and everyone was dishing it up for themselves. Dad sat the other side of me at the top of the table, and took my plate to get my food.

"What are these?" I asked, holding up what looked like a cardboard tube.

"A cracker," Harry smiled, "they make a loud pop,"

"Oh," I frowned, "no thankyou ,"

"Watch Harry and I do one," dad said, "and we will wait until you're in the shower to do it if you don't like it,"

They both pulled at the cracker and there was a bang, a small whimper escaping. However, inside there wad a party hat and a joke.

"But I want a hat,"

"Then pull a cracker, you know it's okay that,"

Marcus held one out to me and I hesitantly took it, feeling him pull. Then I did mine with dad and got a red party hat, putting it on my head. Marcus took a photo with me, then everyone started eating- with their hats.

Grandma started to pour drinks out, all of us having wine glasses.

"I don't want wine. I don't want you to have wine,"

"It's not real," dad assured, "you can have some water instead if you'd like?"

"Yes please,"

I swapped glasses and got myself water, tucking into my food again. It tasted so good, and I didn't want it to end.

"Leave room for pudding," grandma said, Harry immediately slowing down. Lauren gagged at him, but Marcus laughed. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to react.

"What is pudding?"

"She means dessert," dad said, handing me a napkin, "you enjoyed that ay?"

"Yeah,"

"Well done for eating all your vegetables too,"

"I liked it,"

"Room for a crumble?" Grandma asked, collecting plates as she earned a nod from us all.

"You four are washing up," das said, a simultaneous groan coming from us all. I hated washing up, the soggy food making me gag and feel sick. Hopefully I could just dry the plates.

Grandma brought over a crumble with custard and ice cream- I opted for custard.

"Grandma, please can you teach me to bake?"

"I can teach you a few bits one day, of course,"

"It's really hot," Harry warned, making me blow on it to cool it down.

It was really nice to be with my family. All of us were happy, all of us were like a team. I think that's what I enjoyed most about them, because if one person was down we made sure they weren't so that they could grow with everyone else.

Das had once put it as a journey. I'd started the journey later than everyone else, but they all came back to where I was and learnt again with me. They learnt how to calm me down while I learnt how to do that too.