Epilogue

Ashton

"You have a beautiful baby boy,"

"Well done," I whispered, kissing her head, "well done,"

She was sweating, she had tears, she had been in labour for almost a day.

And she'd pulled through.

"They're a boy?"

"That's right," the midwife said, passing her the baby, "you didn't know the gender ay?"

"No,"

"We are going to take him to see a doctor and make sure everything's okay. Of course, you can have a cuddle first,"

She breathed out and cradled him to her chest, tears streaming down her face.

"Look at his little feet,"

"He's beautiful," she sniffed, "he's so beautiful Ash,"

"Well we know who to thank for that,"

"He's tiny,"

I kissed her cheek, then leant across and kissed him aswell. I had an actual baby. I had three children.

"Do you have a name?"

"Edward... Eddie for short. It was my dad's name- he was so excited when I got pregnant," Viola said quietly.

"Beautiful," she smiled, carefully taking Eddie, "we will be as quick as we can,"

"I just want to sleep,"

"Me too," I chuckled, "you can sleep, and I'll wake you,"

Gently, I ran my fingers through her hair, humming a quiet tune. It didn't surprise me that she fell asleep so quickly.

It was early in the morning, but I knew my family and friends were eager, so I had to let them know. The little rascal had almost stolen Marcus' birthday, which was next week.

I sent a general text to family, and to my friends and work colleagues, but Ava and Marcus needed to feel extra special, so they got a call.

Ava had been a ball of anxiety.

I stepped out of the room, and called Marcus, smiling to myself as he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello, I need you and Ava on the phone,"

"Is the baby born?"

"Just get Ava," I chuckled, hearing her scurry up to the phone.

"Dad,"

"Hey poppet, have you been up to much?"

"Is the baby born?"

"He is,"

"It's a boy?" Marcus gasped, "what's his name?"

"Edward,"

"Edward?" Ava hummed, "like Eddie?"

"Just like that,"

"Are you coming home?"

"We will be, but when you get dropped off you need to be very calm and understand that mum has been awake for about a whole day,"