80

Ashton

I held Viola's hand as we walked into the shops, heading to stock up on things to make her feel better. Luke recommended vitamins for us, and had already booked her in with the other hospital to see the midwife.

"What if there are no nice maternity clothes?"

"We will find some,"

"Can Cal give me a cleaning? Being pregnant increases my risk of gum disease- and I need my flu shot,"

"We will all have it," I said calmly.

"I feel so sick Ash. I am so scared,"

"We have been lucky enough to have this opportunity, okay? We will love this child, and I will look after you,"

"Ava is going to love the healthy food," she laughed sadly, leaning on my shoulder, "do we tell them tonight?"

"I don't think we can hide it much,"

"Will you come to appointments?"

"I will always try my best, and if not, one of the boys or my mum, or even Lauren will come. Someone will always come,"

"Do the boys know?"

"I expect so, but they won't share the news at all. We will have to tell the chief,"

She nodded and we went down the food isle, stocking up with healthy snacks and meals. Then, we turned the corner to see baby clothes- it just would be that.

"These are so cute," she said quietly, "We're gonna have a baby, Ash. An actual baby,"

"Well I hope they get your beauty," I smiled, kissing her cheek, "let's not get too ahead of ourselves,"

We found her a pillow then paid, packing the car to collect the kids.

"Being active will help, so we can do walks and light exercises together ay? And I will eat healthy with you, even if the kids have a pizza. I promise I am involved in this as much as you are,"

"Thankyou, Ash, thankyou,"

"Can I ask you something? Has something like this happened before?"

"What do you mean?" she mumbled.

"I can see that this is a very sensitive subject for you,"

"My last boyfriend... I got pregnant and he left, then I had a miscarriage from stress and other factors, and I don't want to have it happen again,"

"I'm not leaving your side,"

"What if I kill our baby?"

"We will take precautions, we will let the midwife know, but I am sure they will be healthy. You wait here, I will go up and fetch them,"

She nodded and kissed my cheek, sighing as I left. I went upstairs and knocked on the door, Ava answering with her shoes on.

"Dad," she said cheerfully, "Marcus and Luke are talking, and Luke let me cuddle with Petunia on his bed,"

"Dogs just love you huh?"

"I did want to talk to Luke, but they are talking about Marcus' past, and Marcus wanted to be alone,"

"Well good girl for respecting that,"

"Has he spoken to you about his past?"

"Not much, but as long as he tells someone,"

The living room door opened and Marcus walked out, Luke's arm round his shoulder.

"You ready to go?"