66

Ashton

"Ash! What are we doing when we get there?" Harry asked, the two of us leaving the bathroom as we were about to board.

Still, no one knew where we were going.

"Food shopping, then heading to the place to stay,"

"Where?"

"You'll find out in a minute,"

We waited for the girls, Ava starting to cheer up, then I took them all to our gate.

"Okay. Take a look round,"

There were a few moments of silence, Ava practically spinning in circles while mum took hold of my arm.

"Ash," mum said quietly, "thankyou,"

"I don't see," Harry groaned, Lauren pointing to the sign, "Bali!"

"Bali?" Ava asked, "what is that place like?"

"Beaches, sunsets, and ice cream," I said, "ticks off your list, ay?"

"Where are we staying?"

"In our own villa, with a pool. You and Harry or Lauren will share a room,"

"Harry,"

"Well we can decide when we are there, okay?"

I held my arms out to mum, who gave me a huge hug, her hands shaking. As much as I knew that she had always wanted to give us all a holiday this big, I wanted to give back to her- this was her dream.

We got into the queue and I handed over our boarding passes and passports again. Then, we went down the long hall towards the plane.

"We are all sat together, and there is a car to collect when we land. We are going to get food and head to the villa,"

"Ash, please can I have my water?" Lauren asked, making my attention turn to her. She was practically green, and held Harry's shoulder as we walked.

"When we are sat down. If you're nervous, sit on the isle,"

"I want to sit with you,"

"I have to sit with Ava, but,"- "She can sit in my space, I can sit with Harry and your mum," Viola said.

"Yeah," Harry said, "then we could talk more,"

"Thankyou," I smiled, kissing her before needing to step onto the plane. Since it was really loud, Ava's grip tightened, but I brushed my thumb against her knuckles. Harry found our seats so I put Ava's suitcase in the overhead compartments, our backpacks fitting under the seats.

Lauren slid the window curtain down and Ava plugged her headphones in, all of us turning our phones to airplane mode. Mum was trying to calm Harry down, who was happily talking to Viola about going in the swimming pool, but overall it seemed positive on their side.

"Dad, I am hot,"

"Take your hoodie off then poppet, no one here cares how you look,"

"What if it takes off without my seatbelt on?"

"We have to drive around for a bit before, do it now,"

She slipped it off and it was then that I noticed her glasses weren't on, and instead were in her bag. In fact, I hadn't seen her wear them since she got them, and I kicked myself for not noticing; my head had been rushed all over.

"Ava, sweetheart, you need to wear your glasses if you're watching things or reading,"

"I don't like them,"