55

Ashton

"Let's get you to Michael's, did you have fun?"

"Yeah, I love Calum's family," Ava said, climbing into the car.

"Good. Would you perhaps stay there sometimes if you were sick, or it was the holidays?"

"Maybe,"

"I'm really proud of you, it's nice to see your beautiful smile,"

"When are you picking me up from Michael's?"

"In the afternoon, you might have lunch with Michael and then I'll get you,"

"Okay. I'm going to play video games,"

"You texted him?"

"Yeah. I wanted to know where I was sleeping, and it's in the guest bedroom. When do we get our house?"

"Soon, I promise,"

Until we got there, she looked out the window, nodding her head to my music. Excitedly, she got out the car and grabbed her overnight bag, knocking on the door.

"Michael!"

"Ava!"

"I'm ready to come in,"

"Go ahead," he chuckled, "help yourself to a drink,"

"She's in a good mood, it will probably last, but if not then watch a movie with her,"

"Yeah, what time is he coming tomorrow?"

"Early in the morning. I'd chat, but I've got to pick Harry up from football,"

"She'll be fine, go and have a quiet night to yourself,"

I thanked him, heading towards the other side of town where Harry played football. There was still about ten minutes, but I enjoyed watching him play. He was always laughing with his teammates, and was getting good at it.

As the whistle blew, he spotted me, running off the pitch to give me a hug.

"That was some great playing,"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Do you want to grab some food?"

"I'm all sweaty,"

"Only somewhere like McDonald's,"

"Yeah, we should take some back for Lauren as well,"

"We can call and see if she wants one,"

"Where is Ava?"

"With Michael, because Marcus is coming tomorrow morning and it's a surprise,"

"She'll love that! I bet he's nice,"

"He's lovely,"

We got in the car and called Lauren, but she politely declined our offer, so I pulled into the McDonald's car park. Harry ordered what he wanted, then so did I, letting him grab napkins and sauces.

We grabbed a table and sat opposite each other, starting to tuck in.

"Thankyou for picking me up,"

"Of course, I wouldn't make you walk. I'm getting petrol on the way back, we could get Lauren a chocolate bar,"

"She's not been eating much lately, but I think she's had period cramps,"

"They can be bad. Chocolate always helps. How long hasn't she been eating much though?"

"She didn't finish tea last weekend, and she looks super ill, but I can't tell if it's just her period making her tired,"