73

1 month later
Ashton

"You have to be calm, okay? Moving house is a really stressful thing, moving families even more. I know you are excited to see your room, and to see Marcus, but let him breathe as well,"

Ava and I sat in the Hood's living room, having come over to try and distract her. Viola had gone to collect Marcus for us, and we had officially moved everything in. Ava had stayed over here for a couple of nights because Viola, the boys and I were busy putting the last decorations up.

Now, we had fully stocked food cupboards, freshly made beds in rooms with pictures, shelves, rugs and bookshelves. The attic was cleaned and separated, our things stored one side and a fluffy rug, blankets and a couple of beanbags the other side. There was a box for her books, and also her drawing.

The basement was painted dark blue, now with a sofa bed and a new TV. There was an Xbox, a couple of games, aswell as lots of blankets and even some snacks. Lastly, the conservatory had two desks in, with all the stationary in the world. There were folders and organisers for their school books, and I had made little reminders about spelling, punctuation, and maths formula for Ava, stuck on the wall.

Viola and I had made our bedroom simplistic but cosy, while the kids still had a more lively room, and the bathrooms were all equipped.

All the house was missing was the people, really.

"Dad, Marcus doesn't know Calum,"

"When we first met, you were really nervous," he said to her, "I need to let him build a relationship at his pace,"

"He could come to the office with me,"she smiled.

"He could, but you can stay home if Marcus is with you, plus the boys are coming over soon,"

"It took two more weeks to move him in though,"

"It did, and it is stressful because school starts soon, but mum has been feeling unwell and I have been busy with work,"

"Do you know what is wrong?" Mali asked.

"No, she just feels bleh I guess,"

She hummed and looked over to Joy, who had a knowing look on her face, quickly taken off when I looked.

"Joy, please can we ice the cakes now?"

"Come on then," she smiled. The pair had baked to keep Ava occupied, and I was immensely grateful for Joy.

As soon as they left, Mali and I turned to Cal, fully expectant to hear something about Sophie. He had kept us on our toes, that was for sure.

"What?"

"Are you a couple? Have you kissed? So adorable," I teased, squishing his cheeks.

"We aren't a couple, but we are exclusive,"

"My baby brother found love,"

"Shut up," he groaned, "Ash was my first love,"

"Awh," I gushed, "you better not forget me,"

"That's offensive that you would consider that,"

"Well I don't know Cal, love makes you crazy,"

"Dad! Look at my cakes,"

I stretched and stood up, heading to the kitchen where Ava stood with pink glittery cakes.

"They look great. Is your bag packed?"

"Are we leaving now?"

"In a minute, yeah, I think we could perhaps make a welcome sign for Marcus,"