85

Ava

The restless nights had already begun, and it wasn't even school tomorrow. My friends always said how they loved to stop up on Saturday night, but not me; now it was 3am and I'd not had a wink of sleep.

I knew I wasn't supposed to wake dad up, but I was starting to feel sick. I prodded his arm and he stirred, rubbing his eyes.

Then, he got out of bed and ushered me to the hallway because mum had to sleep lots. Being pregnant didn't sound too fun.

"What are you doing?"

"I can't sleep,"

"You tried,"- "meditating, relaxing sounds, blankets, no blankets, teddy, no teddy and reading,"

"Well I guess the only missing one is a cuddle from me huh?"

I nodded and got back into my bed, turning into his chest as he laid down.

"I'm going to talk to Luke and Michael about this,"

"Okay,"

"Try some slow breathing,"

I did as he said, and as he rubbed my back and fell asleep himself, I found myself getting sleepy too.

In the morning, I woke up to the clattering of plates in the dishwasher, and knew I had missed breakfast. I ran downstairs and bumped into mum, who took it as an opportunity to hug me.

"Goodmorning sunshine,"

"I am far from that,"

"Without your medicine and food you are," dad said, "you need to eat before yoga,"

"Oh, yeah." I frowned.

School was tomorrow.

"Turn that frown upside down," Marcus smiled, "you're seeing Luke,"

"Luke isn't that great,"

"I suggest you stop being so grumpy. I know why you are, but we still have today and will talk later," dad said, passing me water and my tablets. Then, he sat next to me and scratched my back.

"I haven't tidied my room,"

"You have time to do it, but I wouldn't leave it to last minute every week,"

"I didn't mean that about Luke,"

"I know,"

I took my bowl of cereal from mum and sat glumly, eating the food so I could take the rest of my medicine.

"Did you sleep okay in the end?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, thankyou for coming in,"

"It's okay. Can I get changed upstairs?"

I nodded and he left, Marcus in the living room cuddling with mum. I finished my food alone, and put my pot in the dishwasher before heading upstairs to tidy my room. I put my clothes in the dirty basket, and organised my dressing table, putting my makeup to the side.

Then, I decided to change my duvet covers and tidy my bedside table.

My phone buzzed and I looked, seeing a call coming in from Sam; I was more than happy to speak to him.

"Hello?"

"Hi Ava, are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Amber told me you and Julie were on a break, and I know that sucks,"

"It does. Can you come and see me tomorrow?"

"I'll come and eat lunch with you. We can compare timetables,"