62

Ashton

While Ava and Viola packed her bag, I packed my half of the suitcase. I had made a list for us each, though Viola's was just a reminder of toiletries and a beach towel, so I was ticking it off as I went.

I left my airport outfit out, and already had Ava's in my room too, as well as enough underwear for us to be able to pack everything today. We had to leave really early in the morning on Saturday, so I wasn't going to have anything last minute.

Once I had done, I made everyone a sandwich, putting cucumber and carrot on the side. The girls had taken quite a while to pack, so they would appreciate the break.

"Lunch is ready," I said, crouching down next to Ava, who was folding up her tops.

"I want to finish this, I don't have much left,"

"Alright. Have you packed shorts and a swimming costume?"

"And a bikini, haven't you?" Viola smiled, showing me the list that did have everything but her tops ticked off.

"You can wear your nice dresses. Have you put comfy shoes in?"

"Yeah. I can't find my jogging bottoms,"

"They're your airport outfit, remember?"

She nodded knowingly, putting the last top in so that Viola could put her towel on top. All the toiletries were going in our suitcase because we wanted security to be smooth for Ava. Her carry on bag would hold her phone and headphones, possibly a hair brush, and that was it until past security.

"Can you tell me about tomorrow?"

"Please,"

"Please," she mumbled, the three of us sitting at the table with our food.

"Well, you can sit in Luke's office while this meeting goes on, then we might get you, or come to see you with Sophie. It might be nice to talk to her,"

"And you could tell her why you get so nervous so that she can comfort you. This is her first job, but she has had all the training I had. She will be nervous, but don't let you put that off,"

"Will I see the boys?"

"You definitely will,"

"Okay. Well I guess it doesn't sound too bad,"

And the fact that she said that made me knew something was off. It made me realise her legs weren't swinging, he posture was weak, and she was eating cucumber which she always argued about.

I waited until after lunch to being anything up, but we sat on the sofa and faced each other.

"You've got to go out soon," I started, "but I need to make sure you are okay,"

"I'm a bit sad,"

"I know poppet, but remember that he is coming back,"

"When?"

"A month before school starts, we move house. Then, it gets inspected and he can live with us,"

"Inspected?"

"To make sure nothing is dangerous. We will make sure his room is done by then,"