12

I was in the blackness again. Seems like I have been here forever. Stuck inside here with monsters that want to rip me to shreds.

I can't keep running. I've been running for so long. Now there was something else in here with me. Something besides the monsters.

Claiming that it wanted to help me, but I didn't trust it. So I ran. I needed Colby.

I would sometimes hear his voice and scream out to him, hoping that he could hear me. He never did. He never came to help me.

The thing called out to me again, right next to my ear and I screamed, jerking away, my stomach rolling. I was going to be sick.

A different scene filled my eyes, the brightness stinging them. I saw blurry shapes of people but had no time to register who it was. I just needed to be sick.

Someone pushed me over just in time to heave up whatever was in my stomach. Oh God, it just felt like stomach acid, the force of the heaves ripping through me. Tears sprang to my eyes as the dry heaves started.

"Chloe?" I heard his voice.

The voice of the man that I barely knew but now was certain that I was in love with. I sat up slowly on the bed, and turned my head towards that deep, amazing voice. I had to be dreaming.

He couldn't be real. After all the time that I had spend in the Blackness, calling for him, screaming for him...and now here he was. He did come for me.

"Colby!" I cried, my voice rough, and cracking.

Sam was there too. Sweet, adorable Sam. He grabbed me a water bottle out of Colby's mini fridge and passed it to Colby.

Colby came closer to me, pushing past the random lady that I was just now noticing. He sat down on the edge of the bed, cautiously holding the bottle out to me. I took it from him and drank a little, letting it soothe my scratchy throat.

I looked back to Colby and met his beautiful blue gaze. I felt my face screw up, knowing that I was about to let the water works start. I fell into his outstretched arms, and wailed.

His arms came around me tightly, his hand coming to the back of my head, holding me against his chest.

"Shh, it's okay baby girl. I'm here."

Those words sent warmth shooting through my tired body. Oh but God, I was tired. Not mentally.

No I was very much awake, but my body was weak and sore. I didn't even know what had happened. The last thing that I remembered was seeing the blue haired girl, Katrina.

Then flashes of something in my head that hurt like hell. Flashes...an image shot through my mind then of me and the girl hugging tightly, only we were much younger than we are now. I gasped, and sat up straight, almost clocking the top of my head on Colby's chin.

"What?! What is it?! Are you okay?!" Colby asked frantically, his hands hovering over my body like he didn't know where to put them.

His gaze shot to the random girl in the room.

"What's wrong with her? Did you mess up? Did you hurt her?"

The random girl laughed, while I put my hand on Colby's shoulder, getting his attention back on me. "I'm okay." I croaked out. "Just...I remember something."

His eyebrows shot up, and he grabbed my arms excitedly. "What?! You remember? Oh baby, I'm so happy!"

He pulled me in for a tight hug. It was so tight, I could barely breathe.

"Colby." I choked out. "Can't breathe."

He loosened his grip quickly, but pulled me over into his lap. His hands started roaming my face, pushing my hair back, tracing my lips. It just seemed like he couldn't stop touching me.

I was okay with that.

"No, I don't remember everything. I'm sorry. I just had a flashback of Katrina and I when we were younger. That's all."

His face fell and I hated myself for not being able to make him as happy as I had just seen him when he thought that I remembered.

Stupid brain was against me.

"I'm so sorry Colby."

He faked a smile, and cupped my cheek. "No, don't be sorry. It's a start right?! Maybe that means that it's coming back and it'll be safe this time. We'll get it back. Don't worry. I'm just happy that you believe me now."

I gave him a small small, and wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled back, just a slight tilting of his lips, and leaned his head towards me.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered.

I felt the blush creep up my face, fully aware of Sam and the random girl watching us.

Who was she? I nodded, and then felt Colby's full lips press against mine. There was a spark as our lips connected, like a quick strike of a lighter, then the full blown flames, as the kiss got more intense, his lips working against mine, stealing my breath.

"You might wanna go easy there brother. She just woke up." I heard Sam's voice as if from a dream, too involved in what Colby was doing with his lips.

I moaned a little, letting my hands work their way into his hair. He snatched his mouth away from mine a second later, leaving me a mess. I pouted, unable to help it, and poked out my bottom lip.

His eyes were two burning blue embers, that I was unable to look away from.

"Sam's right." He muttered, looking like he might want to kill Sam just a little for being right.

"So what happened? I saw Kat and fainted or something?" I asked.

Colby's face grew concerned.

"Chloe you've been out for days. You almost died! I had to give you my blood to-"

He abruptly stopped talking, clamping his lips shut tightly, eyes growing wide.

"You had to do what?" I asked, my voice shock ridden.

"Um, uh, yeah, about that. Uh.." Colby's eyes darted around the room, until Sam walked forwards and came into his view. "Sam!"