57

I yawned and struggled to keep my eyes open.

"I need a Red Bull. Let me walk."

He laughed, and set me down on my feet, taking my hand in his. The yard and street was already filled with cars from all of the people/vamps that were inside our home. I plastered a smile on my face and felt a little excitement course through me.

I freaking love Halloween. We walked through the doors, a mountain of cheers and yells greeting us. I recognized some of the faces, most I didn't, but over half were in costume with their faces covered.

Dean was standing next to a pretty blonde human girl that was dressed like your typical playboy bunny, looking over to us when we walked inside. He ignored me completely, nodding his head at Colby. Guess I really put the guy in a mess with that kiss.

Wow, that felt like it was ages ago. Hopefully, this party would turn out better than the last. We walked by Jokers with their Harleys, Superman, other game characters, and just so many different costumes that I lost track.

Then there was Mike. Mike had a white button up shirt on, open to show off his chest, and black dress pants. His chest was trailed with blood, real or fake I'm not sure.

Then he had fake vampire fangs connected to his fang teeth.

"Why?" I asked, pointing at them.

He shrugged.

"Cuz it's funny, and I don't have to stay vamped out to have fangs." He said baring the fake fangs at me.

The guys laughed, and Colby shook his head.

"Leave it to you, an actual vamp, to come to a costume party dressed as a vamp. How are you actually going to vamp out to feed tonight?"

Mike's face creased in thought. "Huh...hadn't thought of that. Guess we'll see."

Aryia and Kevin had on matching brown cop (at least, I'm guessing that it was a cop) uniforms with really short shorts. They made it work though. Our group pushed past all of the people to get to the kitchen so we could start drinking.

The more the night progressed, the more drunk I got. I noticed that Colby didn't drink fast, as he should've done to be able to feel anything. Instead, he just drank his drink regularly, keeping his hands on me most of the time.

Everyone danced, turned the music up, and played stupid drunken games like suck n blow or truth or dare. For Suck n Blow, Colby sat on one side of me and then insisted on Kat to sit on the other side. That way, if I ended up kissing someone, it would be either him or her.

I laughed so hard when he growled at the random batman that tried to sit next to me. Devyn sat on the other side of him, but thankfully the playing card never fell so I didn't have to feel weird about that. The night flashed by in a drunken daze, and the last thing I remember is Colby pulling my clothes off of me, pulling one of his white t-shirts over my head, and then placing me in the bed.

"You're gonna feel like shit in the morning." I heard him say as he joined me.

I giggled sleepily and snuggled closer to him.

"Mmm nope. Feel great. M'sleepy though. G'night, love youuuuuu."

Now my head was pounding, and I was afraid to open my eyes. Halloween was over but it was the best Halloween that I had ever had.

"Excedrin and a water bottle." I heard Colby say.

I groaned and rolled over, fighting the nausea that hit my stomach.

"Oh God, why did you let me drink that much?" I moaned.

He laughed lightly.

"Couldn't stop you. Tried. You insisted that you were fine and got mad when I tried to take your drink. So, I just let you be and made sure you didn't get into trouble."

I laughed a little, trying to remember what happened. I remembered most of it, but it was blurred around the edges, with gaps in between. I sat up slowly, feeling his arms come around me to help.

I cracked my eyes open, thankful that he had the dark curtains down against the harsh sunlight.

"Here." He placed the water bottle and the pills in my hand.

I wasted no time in taking them, hoping they had special super sonic speed in taking away this headache. The water bottle was almost empty when I brought it away from my mouth.

"So, it's after Halloween." Colby said hesitantly.

"Yeah." I replied, squinting at him.

"I need to talk to the Council. About Jade, and about what happened with Millie, the witches. All of it."

I closed my eyes again, not wanting to talk about that just yet. "Can we wait a little while before we discuss that?" I whispered.

He was quiet for a minute and I opened my eyes again, to see him staring at me, his eyes sad.

"Yeah. We can wait. We're talking business in the garage in a few though, so I'm going to go downstairs. Devyn's getting turned tonight so we have to pull things together."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Tonight? I mean, I know she said after Halloween, but tonight? Wow...okay. Should Kat and I leave?"

He shook his head. "We'll talk about all that later too. After we work out the details. You should go talk to her though. The other girls are already in her room with her."

I nodded. "Okay. Come get me when you're finished with your business or whatever." He smiled sadly at me. "Colby, are you okay? You're not going to do anything stupid right?"

"No, Chloe, I'm not. I'm okay. Just have a lot on my mind. I'll come get you soon. I love you." He leaned over, pressing a quick heated kiss to my lips, then walked out, leaving me alone with my thoughts and my pounding head.

I lay back again, wondering why he was acting weird. I didn't want to think about him talking to the Council yet, because I knew that could mean that he would be taken away from me.