110

He liked my book?

"The typical vampire romance tale, but not cliche. I think we could very well turn this into a best seller." 

He didn't just say that. I was still asleep. I was dreaming.

This couldn't be real. I mean, yes I could be joined with a vampire but for one of the top publishing houses to just tell me that...no, this wasn't real.

I started laughing, unable to stop it from escaping my mouth.

"Uh Chloe...are you okay?" I just laughed harder when I heard the uncertainty in his voice.

"Chloeeee." Colby moaned out, slapping his pillow over his head, shifting his legs so that Prissy, who was between them, meowed grumpily and jumped off the bed.

Elias had watched her and Circa for us while we were gone. I just continued laughing harder. There was no way that this was real.

I think I was in shock.

"Baby, what the fuck?"

Colby jerked his head up, looking at me with a scowl. Then his eyebrows creased noticing the wild look in my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He sat up now, placing his hands on my crossed legs.

"Ms. Daniels...should I call back later?" Mr. Roberts voice came through the speaker, leveling me just a bit.

My laughter died down to giggles that I couldn't quite stop.

"N-no, I'm sorry. J-just a sec-second." I managed to gasp out.

I put the phone down on the bed, and met Colby's gaze. I brought my hand up to my mouth, expecting to cover a laugh, but instead a sob came out. Colby looked a little scared now.

He's gotta think I'm crazy or something.

"That's your boss. What's happening? Do I need to kill him?" He was so serious, his voice strained and dark.

I shook my head and brought my hand away from my mouth.

"He wants to publish my book?" I whispered the question, staring at him with confusion in my eyes.

I saw the confusion pass through his own eyes, before they lit up in wonder.

"Well that's great though! Of course he does. It's amazing! Congratulations!" He leaned over quickly and pressed his soft lips to mine, with enough force to take my breath away, then picked up my phone and held it towards me. "Maybe finish the phone call?" He chuckled a little as I took the phone, looking at it like I didn't understand what it was.

I took a deep breath, and cleared my throat.

"Mr. Roberts, I'm back. I'm sorry about that. I don't really know what happened."

His deep voice chuckled through the speaker. "So can you come in later today so that we can go over some things, talk about a contract, get it through the editing process and everything?"

I glanced at the time on my phone. I had been asleep for about six hours.

Good enough.

"Definitely. I'll be up there in about an hour and a half. Is that okay?"

I looked at Colby, seeing him watching me with a small smile on his face, while he ran his fingers through Prissy's fur. She had jumped back up onto the bed while I was talking.

"Yeah, that'll be fine. I'll have everything in order by that time." He replied.

I swallowed hard, feeling it grate against my throat. I was so freaking nervous.

"Okay." I squeaked out.

"We're just talking. Don't get stressed about it. You'll have plenty of time for that later. I'll see you then, Ms. Daniels." He disconnected the call and I just dropped the phone on top of the covers, leaving my hand up.

I felt Colby scoot closer to me, but I just continued to stare at the phone. I was actually terrified. I felt his lips press gently against my bare shoulder, and his arms wrap around my waist.

"Chloe Daniels, National Best Selling Author." He murmured out, pulling me against him, his chin resting on my shoulder.

I let a breath out, and placed my hands on his.

"Not getting my hopes up. This is just a discussion to see if I can get published. It doesn't mean that everyone will like it or that anything is even going to come out of it." I replied.

"Whatever you say baby. By this time next year, you will be known all across the United States, possibly even internationally. Bet you twenty bucks."

He kissed my shoulder again, then climbed out of bed, making sure not to disturb Prissy again. She had went back to sleep. Lazy ass.

Like her Daddy.

"You should probably get ready though." He said, pointing at me and smiling softly.

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed, throwing the covers off of me.

I did take care not to disturb the damn cat. She looked too cute.

"I need to hurry!"

After finally getting in the shower ALONE, much to Colby's dismay, I hurried through the process, thinking about what this could mean for me.

Was I ready for this?

It was something that I had dreamed of my entire life...but was I ready?

Was I even allowed to have it published, since it was more fact than fiction? Colby was on the Council now and he didn't say anything so I'm guessing that it was okay. It didn't matter.

There were plenty of vampire novels and no one but family actually knew our story. I finished getting ready, and let Colby drive me since my hands were actually shaking so hard that I thought I might wreck his car.

Lillian greeted us when we walked in.

"Chloe! It's so good to see you!"

Her eyes darted to Colby, and traveled over him quickly, before she met my eyes again.

She shrugged and raised her brows as if to say "can't help it."

I smiled and shook my head.

"Hey Lil, it's good to see you too. I'm supposed to see Mr. Roberts. Is he ready for me?"

"Let me check." She replied.

I nodded and Colby and I sat down on the sofa to wait. He took my hand in his, and placed them in my lap. I automatically reached for his hand with my free one and started fidgeting with his rings.