32

Colby nodded and pulled the USB from his laptop, handing it back to Sam.

"Great! I'll get it printed out. By the way, I think the girls are getting anxious to start their night. Tara has already started doing shots."

I stood up and wiggled my hips, catching Kat laughing at me. I felt a surge of lust too, and caught Colby's gaze.

Why the hell was I feeling what he was feeling? This was so weird. My empathic shit was too strong.

Whatever, not gonna think about it. I have had a enough weird for now. I'm just gonna drink and enjoy this night with my girls.

Kat reached out her hand to me. I leaned over and kissed Colby hard, pulling back before his hand could grab my hip, and took Kat's hand. I heard him growl at me as I walked out the door with her and I laughed.

"Soon baby." I whispered under my breath.

"Damn right." I heard him yell from his room as we made it to the stairs.

"What's that about?" Kat asked, looking back to the room.

I shook my head and laughed.

"Nothing. Come on, I'll race you!" I flew down the stairs ahead of her laughing.

"That's not fair!" She screamed gaining on me as I hit the tiled floor.

I only had my socks on so I slid down across the hallway, catching myself with the wall. Kat took the advantage, shrieked, and took off towards the kitchen.

"Cheater!" I yelled, running after her.

I felt a giddy sense of elation coming off of her, raising my own good mood.

We made it into the kitchen, Kat a few steps ahead of me, running straight into Tara, who caught her to keep her from falling.

"Jesus Christ! What the fuck? Is there something chasing you?"

Kat and I bowled over laughing and couldn't stop for a minute. When I was finally able to catch my breath, I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked at Tara and Devyn. I avoided Kat's gaze because I knew that I would just start laughing again.

"You girls ready to drink or did the guys feed on you? Cuz you're already acting stoned." Tara replied, raising her eyebrow at me with a smile.

I shrugged, grinning widely.

"Ready as ever. Just happy."

"Alright, let's do this! Dev and I already have drinks made, bottles and shot glasses out. Pick your poison."

I walked over to the drinks, and grabbed a cherry red one that looked fruity. "What is this?" I asked, raising it to my lips.

"It's a Strawberry Whiskey Sour. I got creative." Dev replied, picking up one of the glasses.

Kat grabbed one too, while Tara just took the damn Vodka bottle and turned it up. We went to the bar room, and Tara started the music, bluetoothing her phone to the large speakers up against the wall. Before long, we were feeling pretty good, dancing like idiots, and having the best time ever.

My head was swimming in the best way possible, my energy level was through the roof, and everyone's mood was so high, mine was more elevated than it should have been. Don't care. Getting drunk.

Not gonna think about it. Jake and Corey walked into the kitchen from the garage then, and our heads swung towards them.

"Oh." Tara said, licking her lips.

Jake didn't have a shirt on and her eyes raked his body. Corey came straight over to Devyn and kissed her slowly.

"Oh my God." I gasped out.

The intense longing that I felt come over me was insane. It wasn't for Colby. It was for Jake and Corey.

What the fuck was happening to me? Tara wanted Jake, and she wanted him bad. I had to physically clench my legs together from the feeling.

Devyn was getting that feeling too, only it was coming on slower, burning through my gut. Jake walked up to Tara and grabbed her arm, pulling her against him. The feelings from the guys had me sitting down on the floor.

I was sweating.

Was it hot in here? Holy fuck, please stop.

Kat sat down next to me giggling.

"They need to get a room, huh?"

I couldn't speak only moved my head to meet her gaze.

Her eyes were glazed over, and half lidded, but filled with concern when she saw my face.

"What is it? Does your head hurt? Do I need to call Colby? COLBY!"

I shook my head but it was too late. Colby was there in a second, pulling me up off of the floor.

"Are you hurt? Is it your head? What is it?" His grip on my arms was tight, almost painful.

Now the worry from them was mixing with the lust and need from the others. I couldn't handle this. It was too much.

Too many emotions colliding with one another.

Which one was mine?

Why was I feeling theirs? I knew I could always figure out a mood, even if someone was lying to me, possibly get a glimpse of what they were thinking from time to time but this was ridiculous.

"CHLOE! What's going on? I can smell- Answer me. Now." His voice got that authoritative ring to it, causing my stomach to do flips and drop to my feet.

I groaned.

"Please don't use that voice right now. Take me outside. Or upstairs. Or something. Just get me away from others."

He scooped me up and then we were outside, me still in his arms, my arms around his neck. I heaved a sigh of relief as the feelings faded somewhat.

I could still feel them, but they weren't nearly as strong as we stood almost to the road at the end of the driveway.

"What just happened in there? It felt like...well, I know that you were...excited, but then you were in pain, and something else. I couldn't quite place what was happening."

My head was clearing a little, and I leaned it back away from his shoulder so that I could see his face. His beautiful sexy face. Those PERFECT lips.

Those eyes that I could drown in. That jawline. I was drunk.

I sighed and kissed his cheek.

"I'm not sure. I started feeling...what everyone else in the room was feeling. It was intense."