37

My heart cracked again.

"Colby, you deserve happiness. You know that now, don't you? Emilie wouldn't want you hating yourself forever. I think you've suffered enough."

He smiled at me, not a trace of sadness. "I have happiness now. Thanks to you. Maybe I'll bring it up to Sam again and see what he thinks. Might be fun to take you girls on a haunted adventure."

I smiled, feeling the familiar warmth in my chest. "Sounds like a wonderful time." I raised the half filled champagne flute to toast him. "To new adventures and hopefully some fun every now and then?" I raised my eyebrows with a smile.

He nodded and clinked my glass with his.

"I promise."

I finished eating, and then we watched the sun rise a little.

"We should go. Before it gets too high. I know you don't really like being in it." I told him, starting to clean up the mess.

He groaned.

"Okaaay...stupid sun."

I laughed, and packed everything back up, taking care with the box of brownies, tying the string back around the box.

I didn't notice but Colby was watching me.

"Why are you being so delicate with them? It's just brownies."

I blushed, and glanced at him before looking back down at the box and making a bow with the string. "It's not just brownies. It's something you did for me, because you love me."

I felt his eyes on me but I didn't look up. Instead, I patted the box, and packed it back up carefully with the other things.

I stood up and slid my shoes on, turning to see him folding up the blanket.

"So was this our first official date? A real date?"

He stuffed the blanket back in the big basket and picked it up, then took my hand. "The first one planned by me. I can thank Sam and Kat for the first official one to me. That was mini golf. I think that was when I actually KNEW that I loved you. Just didn't want to admit it."

I giggled and rested my head on his arm as we started walking back down the trail. "We've come a long way Brock."

"We have indeed, Daniels. We have indeed. Come on, I'll run us back down."

I nodded, and wrapped my arms around his neck so that he could pick me up. In a couple of minutes we were next to the car, him letting me slide down his body until my feet hit the ground. He put the basket in the back of the car and we climbed in.

We didn't talk much on the ride home, just held hands, his thumb tracing circles on my skin. We got home, and I climbed out of the car, automatically being hit with emotions from the others inside.

"Oh shit, we really need to figure something out with this." I exclaimed, as a wave of sadness, lust, happiness, and God knows what else hit me.

"You still feeling it that bad?" He asked, walking up next to me with the basket in his hand.

I nodded, and rubbed my chest.

He licked his bottom lip, before sucking it into his mouth and pressing his teeth down on it, furrowing his brow.

"Okay. I'll see if I can contact the witch when we get back inside. Want me to run you to our room? Maybe try to bypass it all quickly?"

"If I feel it out here, I'm gonna feel it up there, but yeah. Maybe it won't be as bad." He picked me up again and then we were in his room, him tossing me onto the bed. "Hey!" I yelled, bouncing on the mattress, laughing.

He cracked a grin at me and held up the basket.

"Gonna take this back downstairs. Be back in a sec."

Then he was gone. Only he wasn't back in a second. I assumed one of the others had held him up.

I didn't hear any music or anything and the sun was almost all the way up by now so I thought everyone would be in bed. I lay back, kicking my shoes off, and pulling my knees up on the bed. I didn't feel the emotions as bad right now, just a constant thump in my chest letting me know that whatever this was, was still working.

Prissy was curled up in a ball on the comforter, so I reached my hand over and started petting her.

"Think you'll still love me if I become a vampire Priss? Would I really change that much? All the people here are so nice and loving. Great friends, and people. I don't think it would be so bad. M'just scared."

It was something that I had been thinking about since I knew that I wanted to be with Colby forever. It seemed easier to talk to her about it than anyone else. Her rumbling purr soothed me, helping me drown out the lingering drama that was filling my chest.

Someone was really sad and upset about something, but it felt faraway. Maybe letting all of my emotion out with Colby earlier had helped lessen the feelings. I don't know.

I needed the witch to help me because I couldn't deal with what I felt earlier all the time. Hell, I couldn't deal with what I felt now all the time. I was really going to miss the sex though.

That had been incredible. A few more minutes passed, and I almost drifted off to sleep, when I heard the door creak open slowly.

I turned my head to see Colby looking down at me.

"Hey beautiful. Did I wake you?"

I shook my head and sat up, rubbing my eyes. "No, but I'm exhausted."

He smirked, that little proud grin crossing his face. "Wore you out huh?"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't get a big head Brock." I replied, standing up and slipping my pants off, so I could sleep comfortably.

I felt a surge of lust and looked up at him.

"Stop it right now. You'll kill me." I replied quickly, seeing the look in his eyes.

"Well, that's annoying." He said, furrowing his brow. "How am I supposed to not be turned on around you? That's like 90 percent of the time I'm around you."

I yawned and crawled into bed. "Yeah, that's a problem I've been trying to deal with since we started dating. When you find out, let me know." I replied.