30

I raised my eyebrow at his tone. He sighed and continued.

"It's important. You guys can talk about all that later. Okay?" He wasn't mean...just stern.

But also asking with his eyes.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Please continue."

He sighed and smiled a little shaking his head. "Okay, what date did you choose then? You know these things need to be planned so that we don't have any problems. We have to be strategic."

Corey nodded and smiled back at Devyn who was blushing.

What were they setting a date for?

"Yeah, we know. We've been planning this for a long time. Just need to work out the details and get the extra blood. Things like that. Um, after the Halloween party though, if we're still having that. Don't need a new vamp around a lot of humans, ya know?"

He took Devyn's hand and held it tightly while she looked a little nervous.

New vamp?

"Oh!" I exclaimed realizing what they were talking about.

Colby wrapped his arm around me, and continued talking.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. We don't need any mishaps and that could be dangerous. If everyone is still up for it, we can start planning the Halloween party, and get that into motion. Then hammer out the details for the turning. I assume you guys are going to do it privately instead of making it into a ceremony?" He asked raising his eyebrows at the couple.

Devyn nodded.

"Yeah, it seems like a private thing to me. I don't want it to be a spectacle."

Colby nodded, and glanced at me. "I agree. It's a personal moment. Okay. We'll finish that talk a little later then. Sam, what other information do you have?"

This was still weird seeing them all hanging out in the garage, like always, but the atmosphere had changed. It was more serious, business like, not unfriendly exactly, just cordial.

Weird.

"We tested a little of the poison that Aza gave us. Witches made it. It has witches blood in it, but there is an unknown component that we can't figure out. It has to be whatever is knocking out and hurting the vampires. The team is still working on that and they'll let us know as soon as they do. We should probably try and talk to the witches, especially now that they're potentially on our side, and see what they can tell us about it. Also, the Council contacted me and it's time for us to give them a visit. The annual walk through, you know."

Colby nodded, understanding whatever the hell it was Sam was talking about. "Okay, I'll contact them and set it up. Hopefully, no one has said anything about anything and it'll be a normal visit. Anything else?"

Sam shook his head. "No, that's it for now. Besides the Halloween party."

"Well, that won't take long. It'll be here, as usual. We invite the other clans, the ones we trust, the usual humans, stock up on blood bags and alcohol, some food and drinks for the humans, and we're set. We already have everything else we might need. You guys," He motioned towards the rest of the group. "Get the word out. I know everyone within the community is waiting to hear if it's on this year. Let them know that it is and it'll be Halloween night." They all nodded in agreement. "We have the usual jobs lined up until then. Sam, do you have the order list printed out? Telling everyone what they're supposed to do for the next week?"

Sam shook his head. "No, I have it ready to print out on my laptop but haven't done it yet. I'll go do that when we finish."

Colby nodded. "Okay, but take me off of it. I'll run the early job tonight, and the blood bank tomorrow but that's it for now." He squeezed my hip, pulling me closer against him. "I've got some lost time to make up for."

"Oh shit." Jake said, grinning.

The gang laughed, and I blushed.

"Oh, I need to feed. That scent is a little strong for me." Mike said, standing up.

"Where are you going?" Elton asked. "The freezer is right there."

Mike shook his head. "Nah, I met a girl last night. Gonna give her a call. Feed fresh before the job. C-ya bitches." He exclaimed with a grin before heading out.

"I guess we're done then. I didn't tell anyone that they could leave Mike!" Colby yelled towards the door.

I heard a deep laugh from a distance, and Colby shook his head.

"No respect anymore, I swear." He muttered.

"It's because we know you're soft again brother." Corey answered. "Chloe's back. We have a little more slack."

Colby glared at him for a second then looked at me. "You see what you're doing to my rep? They think I'm soft."

I giggled, and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "You are a little soft, but that's okay. So am I." I looked over to Kat, then Tara and Devyn. "So, what's up with this girl's night? What time are we getting started?"

Tara jumped up off of Jake's lap and clapped her hands. "Now works!"

Sam shook his head and tightened his grip on Kat's leg like she was going to run off somewhere. "Woah! It's only like 3 pm. You can't start drinking this early! The humans can't handle it like you Tara. Chill."

She pouted and fell back down into Jake's lap. "You're no fun Samuel. Party pooper."

He rolled his eyes at her while we laughed. "Give it a few hours huh? Geez."

"Fine." She said, crossing her arms.

"A few hours sounds good. I actually wanted to check in with my boss anyways. Mr. Roberts. Let him know that I'm feeling better and hopefully can be back into work in a couple of days."

"Yeah, that sounds good. We can go up to my room and you can make the call." Colby replied, patting my leg to let me know to stand.

I stood up and turned around, watching him get up.

"You can also tell me everything I missed while I was out of it. It's story time." I said.