104

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to get through the intense speed that Colby was running at. It wasn't long before he stopped in front of our hotel that the Council had set us up at. It was really elaborate, the most elaborate place that I have ever been honestly.

Even after all this time, things like this were still so new to me. I had already seen the hotel obviously, but it still took my breath away.

We entered hand in hand, walking through the lobby, towards the elevator. I looked up at the intricate designs that were carved into the molding of the trim that was laced around the walls as we walked. It was just so magnificent.

We rode the elevator to our floor, and walked down the hall to our room, stopping in front of our room. Colby pulled me to him, and pushed me back against the door, crashing his lips to mine again. I automatically melted into him, savoring the feel of his body pressed against mine.

I brought my hand up, delving it into his hair, tightening my fingers in the dark curls at the base of his neck.

"So, I take it you said yes?"

Colby tore his mouth from mine, looking over at Sam who was grinning from ear to ear as he stared at us. I honestly thought Colby would be annoyed at Sam for interrupting again, but he just grinned broadly and let me to go to give him a hug. Sam's fist bunched in the back of Colby's shirt as they held their tight grips on one another.

I discretely wiped the tear that fell from my eye as I watched them. I swear, their friendship was the stuff of legends.

"I'll take that as a yes." Sam laughed as he pulled back from Colby.

Our room was was right next door to theirs, and Kat poked her head out the door just then, looking from Sam to Colby to me.

"Hi." She exclaimed, smiling broadly.

I laughed.

"Hi! Did you know?" I asked her.

Her brow creased as she looked at me, then stepped out into the hallway, closing the room door behind her.

"Know what?" I held out my hand and showed her my ring. "WHAT?!" Her mouth fell open as she shrieked loudly. "NO FUCKING WAY!" She grabbed me around my neck, hugging me tightly as we sort of swayed from side to side. "I'm so happy for you!" She wailed, and by the sound of her voice, I could tell that she was crying. "How are you not crying?" She asked, when she pulled back and wiped at her eyes.

"I think I'm in shock." I giggled. "I didn't really have a lot of time to process it, before security caught us at the top of the Eiffel Tower. You know that no one is supposed to be up there at night."

"The Eiffel Tower? Niiiccee." I heard Sam say quietly.

I glanced over to see him and Colby fist bump. I shook my head with a grin, and looked back to Katrina.

"Really? He asked you on top of the Eiffel Tower in fucking Paris France? Are you kidding me right now?" She looked at him, with a mixture of surprise. "I'm impressed Brock. Didn't know you had it in you."

He rolled his eyes and ducked his head shyly, but I swear he would've blushed if he could've. Kat stepped closer to Sam.

"And why the hell didn't you tell me?!!" She exclaimed as she punched him in the arm.

Sam laughed, and rubbed his arm, even though we all knew that it didn't hurt him.

"It wasn't my place. Thought Chloe might wanna do that. Colby, can I talk to you for a sec?" Sam asked, motioning towards his room.

Colby looked confused, but shrugged.

"Of course."

He leaned over and kissed me hard, before smiling again.

He was smiling so much tonight and I loved it.

"I'll be right back. I love you."

It was finally starting to hit me as I stared into his eyes, and I began to feel giddy. "I love you too."

He followed Sam into the room, closing the door behind them.

"Wonder what they're talking about..." Kat mused, staring at the door.

She shrugged and looked back at me.

"Whatever. Doesn't matter because my best friend is getting married!!!!"

We both started shrieking and hugging again, when someone poked their head out of their room and yelled "Can you PLEASE SHUT UP?! Some of us are trying to actually sleep."

"Sorry! But it's 7 am, you'll sleep your life away!" I yelled back, unable to help myself.

"Shut up yourself, you old grouch! My best friend is getting married!" We started laughing again, when the old man slammed his door.

Sam and Colby came back out of Sam's room then, both wearing giant grins.

"What are you smiling at?" Kat asked, as Sam wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Well, if you must know, I went over some details with Colby. About their Joining ceremony. And we came up with an idea, if you two agree to it."

I glanced at Colby who was just standing there, smiling at me like an idiot.

"What's going on?" I asked, unable to stop myself from smiling back.

He shook his head and motioned for me to pay attention to Sam and Kat. So I did.

"What do we need to agree to?" She asked.

Sam spun her around in his arms, then let her go, kneeling down as he did.

"Oh my God!" I gasped.

I heard Colby's chuckle, as Sam pulled out the ring box.

"Wait...what? Is this real? Is this a joke?" Kat stammered out as Sam flipped the lid on the ring box.

It was an exact replica of mine, only it was a normal diamond, instead of a red one. It was just as beautiful, but I was biased towards my own.

Sam laughed a little, and shook his head at Katrina disbelievingly.

"Katrina Stuart, you have been in my heart since day one. You are the bravest, kindest, most generous soul, who's not afraid to kick ass when she needs to. I need you in my life always. Will you be my Forever?"