79

Jesus Christ, but he was just so LOUD. My eyes felt like they were super glued shut, my arms heavy as lead.

After a lot of effort, I managed to bring my hand to my eyes and try to rub the glue away.

"She's moving! She's coming around!"

"Chloe! Hell yes, I knew you would come back! That's my girl. Come on baby, I've got you." Colby's voice was softer now, smooth, urging me to follow the sound and come back to him.

I cracked my eyes open, groaning at the light that seemed to burn them. Then Colby's face was blocking out the light, hovering over my own.

"Hey there Beautiful." He stroked his thumb over my jaw as he gripped my chin in his fingers. "You had me scared there for a while. We almost lost you."

I raised my eyebrows. "What now?" I asked in surprise.

He nodded, twisting his lips to the side.

"Yeah...I poured my blood down your throat again but I wasn't sure if you would come back human or vamp." He shrugged. "I just knew you were coming back."

This was the second time that I had almost died.

"Why did I almost die this time?" I asked.

"Cuz you were bad ass! You used up all of your bad assery and it knocked you out."

"Jake, shut up." Sam said quietly, but I could hear the laughter in his tone.

"We aren't really sure. You went crazy on the Council and their guard. There's only two members left, plus their personal guards. They didn't try to fight with us, mainly because they thought that what Hillmond was doing was wrong, and hated the way that he's been running things." Colby replied, pushing my hair back from my face.

"Did I-"

I swallowed hard, and cleared my throat.

"Did I kill them all?"

He didn't meet my eyes, but he nodded. I felt my chest constrict tightly at his affirmation. I remembered wanting to kill them, wanting to punish them for the torture that they had put Colby through, for thinking they had a right to ever put their hands on him or my friends.

Then energy or magic, whatever the hell it was, was gone now, leaving me feeling empty, confused, and nauseous. I had killed someone. Multiple someones...and I felt horrible about it.

Regardless if they deserved it or not, I wasn't that person. Only...maybe I was now. Whatever was inside of me definitely wanted to kill them.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay. That feeling will get easier. It'll pass." Colby was leaning close to my face, whispering gently, knowing exactly what I was feeling.

My breathing was coming in short gasps and I hadn't even realized it until now.

"I- I kil- killed them." I choked out, feeling the warm tears start trickling down my face.

Why was I crying?

Why the fuck did I care if they were dead? I didn't.

Did I?

Were some of them just acting on orders, and I killed them for doing their jobs?

Did they have families or loves?

And I took them away from that? My stomach twisted in on itself painfully, and I rolled to the side, pushing Colby away because I knew what was about to happen. A trashcan appeared in front of me, like before, and I emptied my stomach, whimpering from the pain of the dry heaves.

I recognized Colby's hand rubbing small circles along my back, offering comfort. There wasn't any comfort for this though. I was now, and would always be, a murderer.

"Feel better?" He asked, his voice gentle.

I leaned up, grasping his arm for support. I was weak, my body feeling like a limp noodle. No, I didn't feel better.

How was I suppose to feel better about this? So I just didn't answer.

"What happened? After...?" After I killed everyone is what I was going to say but I couldn't force the words past my lips.

I looked up to find Colby looking at me, chewing the corner of his lip. His eyes were flicking around my face, taking in everything they could, it seemed. He looked like he wanted to help me but was unsure how to do that.

"The other Council members, the ones who didn't come against us, were still in the meeting room. Said they wouldn't be part of executing their best clan." He shrugged and put his arm around me. "Also said they would talk to the other Councils, and tell them what happened. Apparently, Hillmond has been working with the Rogue clan himself, against the best interest of the LA Council. He knew about the poison all along. Aza had it created on his orders."

My face scrunched up in confusion. "So we're good? Everything is okay now?"

He nodded. "Pretty much. We're even going to form an alliance with the witches. Squash the feud and work together. It may not be easy at first, but it would be in all of our best interests. Witches are some bad bitches, apparently." He gave me a soft little smirk, one corner of his mouth tilting up, pulling at my heart strings.

"You were amazing Chloe. You saved us all. We would've died without you." This came from Sam.

This is when I actually looked around where I was. The couch in the TV room of our home. It was my home now too.

Everyone was here, all peering at me with mixed looks of gratitude, amazement, and worry.

I met Sam's gaze, and gave him a timid smile.

"I don't really know how. I just didn't like seeing my family in trouble and being hurt. I got...angry."

I stretched my fingers out in front of me and looked down at them.

How did these little things do something so...powerful? I didn't get it. I hadn't heard of any other witch being able to do these things, or anything really without a ritual.

Why was I different??

Was it because I was what they called a natural witch?

Because it was in my blood, so I just pulled from that? I should really start on those lessons with the other witches.