38

I woke the next day to an empty bed.

"Shit." I said, sitting up and rubbing my bleary eyes.

It had to be super late if Colby was already out of the bed. Speaking of the devil himself, I looked up as the door cracked open.

He poked his cute head in and smiled at me.

"Hey baby girl. You finally awake?"

I nodded, and yawned, stretching my arms above my head. I felt a surge of love roll through me, and realized that it was coming from Colby, when I met his eyes.

He just smiled again, and came to sit next to me on the bed.

"Good, because we're supposed to meet Melanie, the witch, and her witchy friends in an hour. They agreed to see if they could help you. Apparently, our venom and blood, mixed with the witches blood helped that kid. He's healed. So they said they owe us, even more than they already paid us. I didn't argue with them."

He meant them waking me up.

That's how they paid him.

"Oh thank God! An hour though? I have to take a shower and get ready. Let me up!"

I scooted closer to him, pretending like I was going to push him off the bed. He grabbed me around my waist, pushing me back down, and started tickling me in my sides.

"Oh-Oh my- C-Colby St-Stop!" I gasped out, laughing but feeling the pain from being tickled.

I absolutely hated to be tickled. He waited until I could barely breathe before stopping. He was hovering over me, laughing, his cheeks pushing up with the movement.

"You're an asshole." I replied, breathlessly.

"I know." He said, before kissing my lips quickly and sitting up, pulling me up with him.

I threw the covers back and stood up, stretching again, feeling another surge of lust roll through me.

"Damn it Colby, stop it!" I exclaimed, trying to pull my shirt down over my underwear.

It was too short so there really wasn't any sense in it, but I tried. There was no way that I could do THAT again, as much as I wanted to. My entire body was actually sore from yesterday.

"Go take a shower Chloe. There's no way in hell that I can stop that." He growled, looking away from me.

I couldn't stop the laugh that escaped my mouth when I saw his grumpy face. I leaned down, and grabbed his jaw, pulling his face back to mine.

"Now you know what I deal with when you can SMELL every time I want you." I kissed him, and turned to walk away, yelping when I felt a sharp sting on my ass.

I turned back to face him.

"Did you just smack my ass?" I asked in astonishment.

He grinned wolfishly.

"I did. Now go take a shower. We don't have time to do the things that I want to do, but that's not going to matter if you don't take your ass out of here." I noticed the glint in his eye and knew he was being dead serious, no matter the lilt in his voice.

I grabbed some clothes, and hurried to the bathroom. The hot water soothed my aching muscles and cleared my head, but I was super nervous to go talk to a bunch of witches.

What had my life actually turned into?

Witches and vampires?

What was next, fucking werewolves? I shook my head at how unrealistic this all was. Better to not think about it and just go with the flow.

I got out and dried off, putting my clothes on in the bathroom so that I didn't have to turn Colby down again. There were only so many times that a girl could say no to him. I was honestly surprised that I was able to the first time.

There must be something wrong with me. I finished as quickly as I could, blow drying my hair, and slapping on a little make up. I felt a lot better by the time I walked out of the bathroom.

Then the emotions hit me again. It seemed to be coming and going but I couldn't tell when or what was happening. I actually doubled over with the hunger that ripped through my body.

"Oh my God." I whimpered out, clutching my stomach.

Colby must have heard me because he was by my side in a second, helping me stand up.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

I swear, I felt anger at myself for having to always hear those words from him lately. "No. I'm fine. I feel...hungry but so hungry, I could rip something apart. I want...blood. What's going on?" I looked up at him, the pain in my stomach only intensifying, making me shut my eyes.

"Shit." He replied, then picked me up and carried me to his room, laying me gently back on the couch. "Stay there. I'll be right back." He was gone but then I heard his roar coming from downstairs. "Who in THE FUCK HASN'T FED?"

Was that what this was?

The way a vampire feels when they're hungry?

How did he not kill me when he first met me? This was too much, waaaay too much.

How did they deal with this? Soon, I felt a warmth flood my system and the pain subsided, making me feel stronger almost immediately. Colby came back through the door and I sat up and looked at him.

"Let's go see the witch now." He replied hastily, pulling me up.

I didn't argue. That had scared me. To feel the need for blood, to want to tear into someone's body and drink them dry...it was terrifying.

It made me feel like a monster. I felt tears prick my eyes as we headed downstairs. We hurried to the car and left, making the trip to a forest.

"This is Witches Forest. Perfect name huh?" He asked wryly.

I nodded, gulping at how creepy it looked. The sun was down but there was still a slight glow to the sky, illuminating the treetops. He parked and then picked me up, running for a few seconds.

I noticed a cabin, in the middle of the trees, as he walked towards it still carrying me.

"You can put me down now." I replied, trying to shut the fear that was building inside of me down.