(Chapter 4) All-Star Apologies: Part 1

Every time Chihiro was forced into another Class Trial, after witnessing the deaths and executions of his friends, he'd always go to bed that night and be plagued by nightmares of those who had died, and the more class trials Chihiro sat through, the worse the nightmares became.

That night was no different.

The apparitions from the previous two times were now joined by apparitions of Hifumi, Sakura and Yasuhiro. This time, when Chihiro woke up in the dream like state, all of them were forming a circle around him, and all glared down at him with their blanked out eyes, all chanting the same thing...

"Monster..."

No...

"Monster...Monster..."

Please...stop...!

"Monster, Monster, Monster, Monster..."

Within his nightmare, CHihiro tried to pinch and punch himself awake, and somehow...that ended up working...

He lurched up in his bed, cold sweat dripping down his face.

It was still quite early in the morning. Half an hour before the morning announcement in fact, but Chihiro didn't feel like getting a few hours in case that dream came back. However, maybe it was a good thing that he awoke, because all of a sudden, there was a loud knocking on his door. Still shaking, and slightly jumping at the noise, he waddled his way over to the door and opened it.

"Mondo?"

Mondo was at Chihiro's door, looking surprisingly out of breath. Despite the events of yesterday's trial and what happened having a huge effect on him, he looked somewhat...ecstatic.

"Chi...Chihiro...!" he said "c-c'mon! No time to explain, hurry up!"

"Huh!? Wh-Where are we-WAH!" 

Chihiro tried to ask, but before he could finish the question, Mondo grabbed him by the arm and practically dragged Chihiro away at top speed.

When laying in comatose state he was in in his hospital bed, Kiyotaka Ishimaru began to stir at the sound of voices around him.

"Are you sure he's alright?" asked a soft, high-pitched voice.

"Yep!" replied another slightly more spunky voice "he's gonna be AOK!"

"H-Hey, wait a sec...I think he's movin'!" said a third, gruff sounding voice.

"Ah! He's waking up!"

Taka eventually came to and looked around as much as he could, realizing that he was laying on some sort of bed. A sharp pain ran through the back of his head and he forced himself to recall what happened...He sat up, and eventually, opened his eyes.

"Taka!" the soft, high-pitched voice, which Taka could now see belonged to Chihiro, exclaimed, who had a look of sheer pure relief over his face.

"Well, well, well," the spunky voice of Junko said "looks like our overworked honor student is finally up..."

"Thank FUCK for that!" the gruff voice, belonging to Mondo, beamed "I knew he'd wake up!"

Before he could muster up the strength to respond to any of these remarks, Chihiro wrapped his arms around Taka's torso, squeezing him into a gentle hug. With a smile, but also with remaining fatigue, Taka returned the embrace with one arm.

"What am I...doing in here?" he asked "how long was I out?"

"Not too long," Junko told him "just...a day."