A Next Generation Legend: Part 3

As per expected, once everyone was done with their investigation, they all prepared to meet back up in the cafeteria. However, as soon as everyone arrived, attention was immediately drawn to a new figure in the room.

"Ah...there you all are..."

"Sakura!?"

Chihiro shouted this accidently, grabbing everyone else's attention. Sakura had been absent that morning, possibly still broken over the loss of her best friend, but here she was now, looking to be in much better shape.

"Sakura! Thank goodness you are ok!" Taka exclaimed.

"You...ARE ok, right?" Mondo asked. Sakura smiled and nodded.

"Do not worry about me," she said "I apoligize that I was late to the morning meeting..."

"Forget about that!" Taka pointed "where were you? W-We were so worried...!"

"We figured you were still upset about...you know..." Junko said. Sakura stood up and seemed to look into the distance.

"I can't lie and say I am completely alright after that situation...but..." she explained "however...There is not much I can do besides keep my head held high and move on. Right now, my priority should be helping everyone else escape, and to prevent anyone else from dying...That is all I can do for Hina, now that she has joined the ranks of the dead..."

"Sakura..." Chihiro said softly.

"Well, no matter what happens," Taka clenched his fist "we are all here for you if you need to vent your feelings. We will understand!"

"Thank you very much," Sakura smiled "also, I feel I should explain. In regards to my whereabouts this morning, I arrived in the cafeteria to join the morning meeting, but by the time I got here, nobody was present. I assumed everyone else had gone off to investigate, so I decided to do the same."

"You investigated too?" Hiro asked "but...I don't remember seeing you on the third floor..."

"That's because I didn't go to the third floor," Sakura explained "I assumed everyone else was up there, and then remembered that after the first class trial..."

"Oh, right!" Junko realized "there were some new places on the first floor that Taka investigated! The storage room and the bathhouse!"

"Exactly," Sakura affirmed "and that is why I decided to scour the first floor to see if any new areas had opened up..."

"And?" Kyoko enquired "did you find anything?"

"Unfortunately, I did not find anything that related to a potential escape," Sakura explained "but it seems that my instincts were accurate. There are in fact, a new areas on the first floor: The infirmary."

"Right, the infirmary," Makoto considered "if I remember correctly, it was locked the whole time..."

"Yes, but it is open now," Sakura explained "it seems like it contains a few medical supplies, ranging from headache medicine, to blood bags."

"Don't ya think it's kinda weird that there's medical equipment here?" Mondo asked suddenly.

"Huh?" Chihiro asked "why is that?"

"I dunno like..." Mondo thought aloud in response "what if someone stabbed you, and you just ran to the infirmary to patch yourself up?"

"Mr Owada, I think that kind of logic only works in video games..." Hifumi frowned "though you have a point...Why have medical equipment available in a killing game? It kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?"

"I personally don't think that's true at all," Celeste chimed in "besides, if it were, you'd have to be far more creative with your method of murder...In fact, I think that's the reason Monokuma chose now of all times to make it open..."