Boys Life of Despair: Part 8

-Free Time-

"Hey uh...I'm just gonna get this out of the way right away," Junko said "don't expect any of that stuff from me..."

"What are you talking about?" Makoto asked. He'd been invited to hang out with the Fashionista that day, but he was worried that he was being a dissatisfying buddy.

"Just saying..." Junko explained "chastity's important to me..."

"Um...I wasn't even going for that...let alone expecting it..." Makoto scratched his face. 

"Oh, well, guess I can buy that..." Junko smiled "you seem like a respectable guy."

"Thanks?" Makoto didn't know what to think of these words, especially after the threat that had preceded them, "did you think I was a pimp or something?" 

"I'm just saying, every guy's got some monster inside them..." she explained "even the innocent looking ones. I attract guys like that constantly, like almost every other day..."

"That may be because you stand out like crazy..." Makoto commented quietly.

"They say crap like, "Ugh, you wanna go 24 at the KOB?"" Junko continued, either not hearing Makoto or ignoring him "they think that I'm too dumb to see right through them..."

"24 at the KOB...?" Makoto repeated, wondering what that meant, before realizing "oh...probably all-night at a karaoke bar..."

"What are you mumbling about?" Junko asked.

"Huh? Oh, nothing..." he assured her "guess those types of guys are up to no good, huh?"

"Yeah, every last one of 'em are idiots!" Junko snapped, but a little happy inside that Makoto was bothering to listen to her "keeping guys like that away is hard work..."

"Well, you ARE a famous supermodel. Looking...how do I say this...sweet and sexy? is kind of your job, right?" the Luckster asked, being careful with his words "you're bound to attract a hell of a lot of attention..."

"Finally...someone who gets me...!" Junko's face contorted into an excited smile "someone who understands my pain...! You're actually pretty sharp, aren't you Makoto?"

"Um...am I?" he asked, unsure of how to respond.

"Tell you what? When we get out of here, I'll introduce you to someone," Junko promised "a girl I mean. What're you looking for? You seem pretty laid back, so I bet an aggressive lady'll work for you!"

"Huh!? A-Aggressive!?" Makoto exclaimed, suddenly shocked at being roped into this situation. 

"Yeah, I could SO see you with a girl like that," Junko made a peace sign and grinned "a girl who's not afraid to show off what she's got!"

"I, uh...that's not...I dunno..." Makoto scratched his head, a slight blush forming "to be honest, I've never really given much thought into girls or romance other than once or twice...But I guess I prefer girls who are more down to earth..."

"Oh...like Chihiro?" Junko asked.

"Maybe..." Makoto responded "or maybe you...?"

Junko's eyes widened and she diverted her eyes, her face turning red.

"D-Dammit man, you can't say shit like that and NOT expect me to blush..." 

"Ah H-Hey! I wasn't trying to i-imply anything...!" Makoto stammered. However, the two of them just laughed with each other over the hilarious turn their conversation had taken.

"Yo! Hiro! Watcha' doin'?" Hina stepped into the cafeteria that afternoon and immediately spotted the porcupine-like hair of the Ultimate Clairvoyant.