A Next Generation Legend: Part 24 [END]

"H-Hiro..." Chihiro felt his legs give way, and he slumped down to the floor, clutching his head, tears falling from his eyes, feeling that he may go insane.

"I...I think I'm gonna be sick..." Mondo gagged.

"Ah, quite the pickle indeed..." the stuffed monster sighed "once again, someone had to die because no one's willing to let go their attachment to the outside world...Though, I didn't predict things would work out this way..."

As if this was her queue, Taeko walked past everyone without a word, and stepped onto the elevator, paying no mind to the scene that they had all just bared witness to.

"We're just gonna let her go...!?" Makoto trembled with fury "we're not gonna do anything even though this is all her fault...!?"

"Makoto, stop..." Junko said "I don't like this any more than you do, but-"

"She's a traitor to us all...!" Makoto snapped quietly "everyone else, Sayaka, Hina and Hiro, they killed for reasons that were selfless and because they had no choice...! But Taeko? She tried to kill and escape for her own selfish gain!"

"Quite..." Byakuya said, suddenly noticing the doors to the elevator shut and began to head up "but what a shame...it looks like your whole team bonding thing hasn't worked out for you..."

This comment was clearly directed at him, and Chihiro had no intention of even addressing it. Still feeling a mix of sadness and rage, he forced himself to his feet. 

"Yowza!" Monokuma commented "looks like you all are pretty fired up!"

"Th-This is all because of you...!" Makoto growled "you're the reason this whole thing happened!"

"Make up your mind, will you!?" Monokuma snapped "is it my fault, or hers!?"

"If it weren't for the rules of the academy..." Junko spat "I would've killed you myself by now!"

"But that's against the ruuuules!" the bear teased "unless you and your boyfriend want to get speared again?"

"Just what is your objective in all this!?" Chihiro exclaimed "you can't be killing us off just because you feel like it! What do you stand to gain from running this Killing Game!?"

"God, you guys are so lame! Stop asking that damn question!" Monokuma snapped back "do you have any other questions you wanna ask me, or are you just gonna keep repeating yourself like a parrot with rabies!?"

"I actually have a question," Kyoko said "and it's not that...I'm hoping you'll answer me honestly..."

"By all means!" Monokuma smiled at the prospect of new blood "what may your question be, Ms Kirigiri?"

However, the question Kyoko ended up asking was one that not only made Monokuma stop in their tracks, but everyone else too...

"What did...you do...?" Kyoko asked...

"What did you do...to me...?"

"uuuuuh....wat?" Monokuma flushed "watchu talkin' bout Kiri?"

"You did something to me...to my body..." Kyoko said "what did you do...answer me...!?"

"Aaaah! Y-You're makin' me nervous...!" Monokuma trembled "what do you mean what did I do? I-I have noooo idea! Noooot a cluuuee!! 

Kyoko turned her head away, and closed her eyes. Her face had a look of discomfort on her face, likely from not getting an answer, but also one of satisfaction as she'd managed to catch Monokuma off guard, which was insanely rare.