A Next Generation Legend: Part 19 [Class Trial]

"Celeste it's you!" Chihiro exclaimed "you teamed up with Hifumi to pull of this murder! You're the one who attacked Taka! And you're the one who killed Hifumi!"

Upon the assertion, everyone in the room looked at the gothic gambler with shocked and distrustful eyes. Celeste herself had a blank expression on her face, but Chihiro could just about see an eyebrow twitch from his distance.

"You suspect I am the one who has masterminded this case from the start?" Celeste asked "you wound me Chihiro...but now is not the time for jokes..."

"What, you think I'm joking?" Chihiro asked assuredly, making the seriousness on his face as evident as possible.

"I agree with him," Byakuya added "Mondo heard a woman discussing matter with Hifumi, and Junko and Kyoko are, quite seriously, saved by the bell. You are not. You have some things you need to answer for...!"

"A-Answer already!" Mondo snapped "did you do it!? D-Did you...attack my bro!?"

"The body discovery announcement by itself, one could argue, is not enough as far as evidence goes," Kyoko chimed in "but I'm sure if we analyze the situation more closely...your involvement will become more clear..."

Celeste herself stood in a silent trance for a moment...but what she said next immediately threw the trial into discord...

"So you're saying...Hifumi and I worked together...?  Goodness me...to think? Hifumi? And me? Working together? Ahaha..." she chuckled in her usual calm demeanour, before suddenly completely throwing it aside and screaming "Not a chance in hell you shit-for-brains! Who in their right mind would work with that USELESS COWARD!?"

"Celestia, what's gotten into you!?" Junko exclaimed. However, despite Celeste's sudden outburst, Chihiro noticed something else out of the corner of his eye. Mondo's eyes widened slightly, as if he'd made a sudden realization.

"Mondo?" Chihiro called him out "what's up?"

"That's...!" Mondo said "that's it...! Th-That's the voice of the person I heard speaking with Hifumi last night!"

"You mean Celeste?" Makoto asked.

"Oh, please!" Celeste sneered "are you forgetting I have the tongue of a Frenchwoman? I'd assume my accent in particular would be indistinguishable..."