Pain of a Junk Food Junkie: Part 6

"Good morning everyone!" Monokuma said through the monitors the next morning, although this time around, it wasn't exactly the same message, mainly due to his tone of voice sounding slightly peeved "it is now 7am, and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! But before anyone gets on with living their daily school life, I would like for all of you to first gather in the gymnasium please?"

The announcement woke both Kyoko and Chihiro. Both of whom looked at each other with a worried expression.

"Hey...Kyoko..." Chihiro asked "you don't think that that announcement is...?"

"We won't know for sure until we go," Kyoko said "but I don't intend to stick around for very long afterwards."

All of the remaining students gathered into the gym at the same time. Despite all that had gone down, no one made any attempt to speak to Kyoko. The sight that came across everyone within the hall however DID warrent some reaction. Monokuma didn't pop up on stage like he usually did. Instead, he was already waiting there, and was beating the ever-loving stuffing out of a strung up salmon.

"W-Woah!?" Taka exclaimed "um...Monokuma? Are you...ok?"

"You ain't malfunctioning or nothin' right?" Mondo asked.

"No! I'm NOT malfunctioning!" Monokuma growled "I'm just very VERY ANGRYYYY!! Unbelievably, unprecedently ANGRYYYY!"

"Angry?" Taka asked "at what!?"

"At the god damn thief!" Monokuma roared "sorry to say this to you all, but one of you is a thief!"

"What?" Byakuya asked "a thief?"

"Who stole it!?" Monokuma exclaimed "who stole my treasure!?"

He must be talking about the key... Chihiro thought and if he doesn't know who stole it, it must mean it worked!

"Your treasure?" Chihiro played dumb, despite knowing full well what he was talking about.

"Mr Monokuma had full faith in you guys! He believed in you guys! And you guys have just betrayed his trust!" Monokuma sobbed "the world teems with anguish and anxiety, so I understand that some people resort to their own way of escapism..."

"What do you mean treasure?" Taka asked "who stole from you? And what did they steal?"

"Shut up!" Monokuma growled "I hope the lot of you get caught in a whirlpool of unemployment and debt!"

And with that, he vanished.

"Is that it?" Byakuya asked "what a waste of time..."

"Yeah, no kidding," Mondo grumbled "what the fuck was that about?"

"But he said something about how someone had stolen his treasure," Mukuro observed "does anyone know what he's talking about?"

"Wouldn't you know yourself? Having worked for him for a short time?" Taka asked.

"Monokuma keeps several of his own little knickknacks, but I can't think of any that he would refer to as a treasure," Mukuro explained "or anything that would be remotely useful to us..."

So Mukuro doesn't know about the key...

"Kyoko? Do you have-Oh...she's gone." Byakuya turned around and suddenly observed. Sure enough, Kyoko had already left the gym.

"Shit! That was fast!" Mondo exclaimed "why were you gonna ask her? Dont'cha think that the way we're treatin' her may make her avoid us?"

"I was going to ask because I think she's the one who stole whatever it was," Byakuya explained "who other than her could do something like steal from Monokuma?