Ultimate Despair: Part 8 [Deadly Life]

Bones

Bones...

Inside the box, there were human bones. Being a Detective may have been the reason for this, but upon simply seeing the box, Kyoko already guessed, or at least had an idea, as to what was inside it. No normal person could have predicted this, but for Kyoko, it was just as she thought. Saying that, she didn't simply expect for there to be a full on skeleton inside, but a dead body was what she had imagined. 

It didn't simply end there. Kyoko also knew who the skeleton belonged to. The contents of the box...that skeleton...that corpse...belonged to Jin Kirigiri, her father...This academy had become his final resting place. After seeing the fate he met thanks to the execution Mondo and her had observed on the monitor in the basement of the Trial Grounds, she knew for certainty that it was the very same bones that he had been reduced to. Alongside that, there was also what Alter Ego had said about how he had been inside the academy, and what Mukuro had said about how the only LIVING people to be in the school when the game started were the 16 students.

Even when greeted with the skeleton of her own father, Kyoko remained steady and easy. However, even with this, she couldn't feign ignorance, as her body was filled with a feeling of...doubt...She told herself that she had suspected what was inside the box, but it wasn't as if she actually opened it right away. Deep down, while she didn't want to even consider it, she was hoping that she might be wrong. It may have been because the entire reason she came to the academy was to meet the Headmaster and clear the books on their past, but...She was at a loss...

🔫Gift Box added to the Truth Bullets🔫

Kyoko put a lid on the box, and as soon as she did, she suddenly caught sight of something else in the room. There were other pieces of furniture in the room, a desk and a drawer. Kyoko's attention was first turned to the drawer, since she suspected she could find some valuable information inside it. She opened each of the compartments from top to bottom, checking each for any sort of clue, only to find several work related documents. That was when she reached the bottom drawer, and came across something interesting. It was an E-Handbook that said [Emergency Use] on it.

An Emergency Use E-Handbook, inside a desk in a hidden room next to the Headmaster's Bedroom. Kyoko immediately knew what this was, as it was fairly similar to her master skeleton key; a universal, restriction-free ID card. Or so she suspected...

After pocketing the item, Kyoko instead headed over to the drawer, and it was there that she saw something sitting on top of it; a framed photograph. Upon seeing it...she froze. She reached out and was about to pick the item up, when suddenly, Kyoko heard a footstep behind her. Assuming it was Chihiro, she quickly grabbed the item and turned it over to hide what was on it.

"Hey...Kyoko?" Chihiro said "is everything alright? You're...acting weird..."

Kyoko shook her head and shrugged, not paying him very much mind...However, she had something nagging at the back of her mind, and figured of all people, Chihiro would be the right one to ask.