A Next Generation Legend: Part 12 [Deadly Life]

As soon as Chihiro saw the blood-covered body of one of his best friends, he let out a sharp cry and leapt back. Mondo reacted very differently. After getting over the initial shock very quickly, he immediately leapt towards his friend and began to shake him, hoping that he'd wake up.

"I...I can hardly believe it...!" Celeste grimaced "a third person...? When will this...slaughter stop!?"

"H-How...how the hell did this happen?" Makoto asked "I tried to come to the storage room this morning but it was locked! H-How long has he been in here!?"

Junko stepped forward, clearly forcing herself to remain calm, and cradled Taka's body in her hands. She then reaches for his hand, and picks it up.

"Taka..." Chihiro cupped his mouth as tears ran down his face. Mondo was quietly pleading to whatever god was listening, his face red with anger, and his eyes wet with tears.

"I'm...I'm gonna slaughter whoever did this to you bro...!" he sobbed "c-count on it!"

"Oh my god...!!" Junko suddenly exclaimed quietly.

"Wh-What is it?" Makoto asked. In response, Junko pointed to not only Taka's wrist that she was holding, but also the fact that his body was slowly moving up and down in rhythm.

"I can feel his pulse!" she declared "he's still alive!"

"He's breathing!" Chihiro realized what the motion was "barely, but he's still breathing! H-He's alright!"

A tide of relief washed over all the witnesses, but it became apparent if Taka was left as he was, that relief would not last.

"C'mon!" Mondo bellowed "we gotta get him help!"

With a bit of effort, the Biker Gang Leader picked up the Moral Compass's limp body. Taka's body wasn't light, but no matter what, they had to get him to the nurses office. With a burst of strength, Mondo began to run, with Taka's body cradled in his arms. Chihiro, Makoto, Junko and Celeste all followed as fast as they could, but despite carrying the considerable weight, he was still faster than them.

After about 5 or 6 minutes, Mondo had officially been able to carry Taka to the nurses office, and placed his body down on one of the beds in the room. Makoto ran off to get the others and tell them what had happened. Within a few moments, Byakuya, Hiro and Kyoko had been brought back to the nurses office, and in the time it had taken to arrive, Junko, out of everyone, had already skillfully bandaged Taka's head.

"Wow..." Makoto commented "you've done a good job with that..."

"My childhood was rough," Junko explained "I've got experience with tying bandages around wounded people..."

"I...won't ask..." Hiro said, even though he desperately wanted to "but, when Makoto was yelling about Taka...what in the hell happened here!?"

"Do you think it's likely that this attack is related to the case?" Byakuya asked.

"Even if it isn't, we should still investigate," Kyoko said "we can use the class trial to find out who attacked him and why, effectively killing two birds with a single stone..."

"Damn it...!" Mondo clenched his fist "listen here! Whoever it was that did this...I'll get you! I'LL MAKE YOU BLEED!"

"Since we're here, I suppose we should examine his body," Byakuya ignored him "he's not dead, so I imagine that Monokuma won't give us a file..."

"You're right about that!" The maniacal monochrome bear popped up out of nowhere again.

"I knew he was coming, but I'm still infuriated at his arrival...!" Celeste frowned.