(Chapter 1) To Survive: Part 1

You can't get out unless you kill someone

Those words were practically bonding Chihiro's body in place. Fear and anxiety had already taken complete control of the computer whiz's body. The intense atmosphere created from everyone's stares weighed down on her frail body, as if it alone was going to crush her and kill her. This air was suddenly shattered, when she finally spoke...

"So...what are we going to do now?" Kyoko asked suddenly, and all the suspicious eyes fell upon her "are we going to continue standing here staring at each other?" Kyoko's speech had a harsh bite to them. Everyone in the room was brought back to their senses, as if they'd suddenly been hit with water from a cold shower.

"Y-Yes...like it or not, we cannot remain this way for long," Taka resumed control of the room, as he had shown doing so before "no matter how frightening or uncomfortable the situation has become, we must press forward; we HAVE to! It is fundamental! I am ashamed at forgetting such a thing!" He actually seemed to be crying tears of shame, proving his point. "Forgive me, as I know that physical violence is a clear violation of public policy, but let it be known that I will knock some sense into anyone who submits to this situation!"

"If you've got the energy to make those threats, you've got the energy to move your ass..." Mondo frowned.

"But what, pray tell, is the quest that our party is to embark on?" Hifumi asked "what is our objective?"

"Look for a way out, duh!" Leon stuck his tongue out.

"Yeah! What he said!" Junko exclaimed "and like, while we're at it, let's find the asshat who's controlling that stupid bear and beat the shit out of him!"

"W-Wait a second!" Chihiro exclaimed "I think...I-I think it would be a good idea to check the E-Handbooks first. Before we move around too much, or do anything, I think we should know what we are and aren't allowed to do...so that we don't...that we don't uh..."

"So that we don't die, I see what you mean..." Celeste took her pad and activated it "we would not want another incident like the one that we just witnessed, would we Mondo?" 

Mondo scoffed to the side, but said nothing. Chihiro powered up her E-Handbook and like Monokuma said, the first thing that appeared was her name. Makoto had began to read the rules aloud to everyone, maybe as a way to process the whole information, but Chihiro listened to him while he read.

"Rule #1: Students may reside only within the school. Leaving campus is an unacceptable use of time.
Rule #2: "Nighttime" is from 10 pm to 7 am. Some areas are off-limits at night, so please exercise caution.
Rule #3: Students who sleep anywhere other than the dormitory will be seen as sleeping in class and punished accordingly.
Rule #4: With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore Hope's Peak Academy at your discretion.
Rule #5: Violence against headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited, as is destruction of surveillance cameras.
Rule #6: Anyone who kills a fellow student and becomes "blackened" will graduate, unless they are discovered.
Rule #7: Additional school regulations may be added if necessary."