Pain of a Junk Food Junkie: Part 9 [Daily Life END]

"Hey gang, I'm back!" Mondo called as he and Chihiro entered the gym "and I brought this lazy git with me."

"Well excuse me..." Chihiro grumbled.

"Oh thank goodness you're ok Chihiro!" Taka exploded with relief "your lateness on this occasion made me far less irritated and far more worried! I thought something had happened to you!"

"Dear lord..." Byakuya scowled "what's with you? Do you really think you can just drop in whenever it suits you?"

"Look who's talking," Mukuro jabbed "we're just glad you're ok Chihiro."

Just like Mondo had said, everyone, except Kyoko of course, were gathered in the gym. On top of that, they were arranged in a circle around something. Unfortunately, everyone was so much taller that Chihiro, so he had to squeeze past them to get a better look.

The moment he saw what they were all gathered around though, the surprise came out in the form of a shocked yelp. Sitting in front of him, laid out on the floor, was a dismantled Monokuma. Taka was knelt down and was efficiently removing the pieces and handing them to Mukuro, who handed them to Byakuya for closer observation, with Mondo leaning over Taka's shoulder and handing him the tools.

"What are you guys doing!?" Chihiro exclaimed.

"Uh...what does it look like we're doin'?" Mondo asked "we're takin' him apart and tryin' to figure out how he works."

"Y-You took him apart?" Chihiro stammered "but...that's Monokuma!"

"Yes," Mukuro replied "it's Monokuma."

"Don't say that like it's nothing!" Chihiro exclaimed "how did you do this!?"

"Calm down," Byakuya placed a hand on Chihiro's shoulder to ease him "we're not in any immediate danger. We didn't attack him."

"But then...how did you...?" Chihiro asked. Taka stood upright and stretched out his back.

"Bro, mind taking over for me?" Taka tagged out and switched with Mondo "fill in while I explain what happened to Chihiro."

"Sure dude. I'm on it." Mondo took a screwdriver off Taka and began to continue taking the robot bear apart.

"Alright, so I'll make this as easy to understand as I can," Taka explained "yesterday, just before nighttime, Byakuya came to the gym looking for Monokuma."

"I wanted to see if I could squeeze any information from him in regards to his search for Kyoko," Byakuya chimed in "and I found him as I expected...The thing is..."

"From what he said, Monokuma was completely unresponsive," Taka continued "like a normal teddy bear usually is.

"So he shut down?" Chihiro asked.

"Byakuya waited until nighttime came, but even when the announcement played, Monokuma showed no signs of activity. That's when he came to find each of us, to see if we could get it to work. That's when Mondo ended up punching it."

"Hey, I figured it was worth a shot." Mondo called out.

"Even when he did that, we still got nothing. That's when Byakuya got the idea of taking him apart. We decided to risk it for a biscuit, and we grabbed as many tools from as many places as we could and set to work."

"I have to applaud you on your quick wit." Mukuro said to the spectacled heir. Byakuya scoffed with pride.

"Ok...I think I'm beginning to get the picture..." Chihiro thought "but in that case, did you end up finding anything out?"

"You're our machinery and computer expert," Byakuya said "we were waiting on you to share your own thoughts."

"Oh!" Chihiro exclaimed in pleasant surprise "alright then...as long as he doesn't bite me, I'll take a look..."