Ultimate Despair: Part 10 [Deadly Life]

Mondo wasn't having any more luck than Taka was with his search. True, the Headmaster's Office was the best place for him to do any searching, at least compared to any of the other rooms, but upon arriving and getting started with his investigation, i.e. tearing the whole place apart and yanking out all the items on the shelves, one fact became painstakingly clear to him: Mondo had never ever investigated by himself before. Prior to now, he was always partnered with someone, Chihiro typically, and didn't really know what to do to start. Usually, his little buddy did the legwork while he did the armwork. It was almost like they were one body.

That being said, if they actually tried to recreate that, Mondo would crush Chihiro, due to being at least 3 times his body weight. 

Despite his lack of investigative prowess compared to everyone else, Mondo did what he could, and he did honestly find some things he deemed useful. For one thing, he found something rather intriguing in a drawer in the fancy looking desk. Most of the room was already ransacked, by either the Mastermind, or Kyoko before now. It was a blue file titled "Hope's Peak Academy: Class 78. Ultimate Student Lineup."

Mondo opened the file and saw an introduction. "Hope's Peak Academy: Class 78. Ultimate Student Lineup. All 16 students, including the Ultimate Lucky Student, have been scouted to be part of the next batch of Ultimate Students." Upon instinct, he opened up the next page and found an index, detailing each of the students, and one by one, he read them aloud.

"⛥ M̷̘̹̍͑̂͒͠ï̴̱̝̦̦̲̑͛̐n̴̼̗̘͌͐d̴̙̬͐̄̄̋ẏ̶̧̩͚̥̼̈͆͠o̸̝̠͐͑̽ṵ̷̮̔͗̈́̆́ŗ̸̦̬̱̅͊͑f̵͚͔͍̑̈́̀͝ǔ̴͕̖̳̳c̵͓̼̗̠̓̃͊͗̚k̸͔̥͗́͗̉i̶̮̙͚͂̈́̕n̵̲̋̑͂́g̶̙̹̒b̵͕̩̾̎̐u̸̧̡̘̦̲̍ṡ̸̢͉͕͈̋i̸̢̟͚͆͑̚n̴͉̜̪̤͎͛̅̓̓̒e̸͕͂̄s̷̙͇̾̾̚s̵̼̬͒̿̓́͝ ☠ Page 2
Yasuhiro Hagakure: Ultimate Clairvoyant: Page 4
Chihiro Fujisaki: Ultimate Programmer: Page 6
Byakuya Togami: Ultimate Affluant Progeny: Page 8
Taeko Yasuhiro: Ultimate Gambler: Page 10
Leon Kuwata: Ultimate All Star: Page 12
Toko Fukawa: Ultimate Writing Prodigy: Page 14
Hifumi Yamada: Ultimate Doujin Author: Page 16
Makoto Naegi: Ultimate Lucky Student: Page 18
Sayaka Maizono: Ultimate Pop Sensation: Page 20
Kiyotaka Ishimaru: Ultimate Moral Compass: Page 22
Mukuro Ikusaba: Ultimate Soldier: Page 24
Sakura Ogami: Ultimate Martial Artist: Page 26
Kyoko Kirigiri: Ultimate Detective: Page 28
Mondo Owada: Ultimate Biker Gang Leader: Page 30
Aoi Asahina: Ultimate Swimming Pro: Page 33"

Even though Mondo wasn't very clever when compared to the others, he was at least smart enough to be able to put two and two together. This file contained information on all 16 students in the school, and the "Class 78" part indicated that that was what their group was. the 78th Class of Ultimate Students at Hope's Peak Academy.

"Didn't Hopes Peak say somethin' like they've been around for hundreds of years?" Mondo frowned "then how come there's...eh, whatever..."

Mondo was intrigued by the file and proceeded to turn to page 30, the page that had his personal information on it. He was quite surprised to see a headshot of him that showed him from a few different angles, not recalling ever having those pictures taken.

"Well, they can't be from when I was jailed by the fuzz..." Mondo looked "that'd look bad an' shit...So when did these get taken...?"

Mondo read over the contents of the file. They stated the following.

Name: Owada, Mondo.
Sex: Male.
Height: 187cm / 6'2"
Weight: 76kg / 168lbs
Birth Date: June 9th
Chest Size: 86cm
Likes: Motor Oil, Ramen Noodles and Roller Skates
Dislikes: Mufflers and Good-for-nothing cops.

"They even know my fucking chest size?" Mondo whistled "and how the fuck did they know I liked Roller Skates? Damn, Hope's Peak is good..."

What was really impressing Mondo, and at the same time, severely confusing him, is that "Good-for-nothing cops" sounded like something he would personally say when describing things he disliked. It was almost like he had been tested and interviewed prior to this file being written, and he had absolutely no memory of it. It seemed way to weird to be a coincidence.

Now that he had this file on hand, he felt that he could pique his curiosity and go through the files of everyone else. He didn't have any ill intentions for it, and was mainly on the lookout for anything suspicious, but in the end, he decided he wouldn't breach his friends privacy. However, he DID check one other file that he had in his hand, and that was Mukuro's.

Name: Ikusaba, Mukuro.
Sex: Female
Height: 169cm / 5'7"
Weight: 44kg / 97lbs
Birth Date: December 24
Chest Size: 80cm
Likes: Her Family and Army Knives.
Dislikes: Make-up.

While he didn't really want to admit it, the only reason Mondo checked Mukuro's file was because he wanted to clear up every last bit of doubt he had surrounding her. Despite how she was their ally, it was a fact that Mukuro was initially a lapdog for the Mastermind, but the fact that the file was still here was sufficient proof that the Mastermind wanted nothing to do with her any more. Mondo didn't even consider that Mukuro might have had a family that she cared for, and the thought brought a slight pain to his heart.

However, there was one thing that he overlooked at this point, and that's that one of the files in the document was missing. There was clearly one from there before, because it had been removed in such a hurry that the edge of the paper had torn, and was still sitting under the clips. The page that was missing was the second page, and Mondo had to now assume that the missing page contained details on the missing student. The Mastermind.

"Why can't it ever be easy..." he grumbled, pocketing the file in case he needed it. Thankfully, his leather jacket had quite big pockets.

🔫Class 78 Student Profile added to the Truth Bullets🔫

Just as he was about to have another look around, the monitor on the wall suddenly started to crackle with static, causing the large biker lad to stop his tracks in a tense feeling. He cautiously turned his head towards the monitor, and saw Monokuma's dumb smirking face appear on it. 

"May I have your attention please?" the bear asked "you makin' good progress? Well, for all you skippers who're doing such hard work, I've got a present for you! This message is only being played to you right now, but it will be played for everyone else at a later point. For now though, if you want a hint about the goings on of the academy, then feel free to come to the gym. I'll see you there! Puhuhu!"

And with that the monitor shut off.

"I..." Mondo heaved a sigh "have got a baaaad feeling about this..."