To Survive: Part 16 [Class Trial END]

[Closing Argument]

Last night, Leon Kuwata invited several students, including myself, to play a game of baseball in the gym

Last night, Leon Kuwata invited several students, including myself, to play a game of baseball in the gym. We were all so scared of the motive videos, he thought of a way to relieve us of the stress. After we were done, most of us headed back to our rooms, except for Hina and Sakura, who went to the dining hall to eat. Inside, they ran into two people. One was Junko, and the other...was the culprit...While in the dining hall, the culprit waited for Hina and Sakura to leave, before sneaking back into the kitchen to grab the most important tool for their murder plan. A knife.

The next stage of the plan was to lure the victim to the scene, which in this case, was Makoto's room. The killer had agreed to swap rooms with Makoto prior to their attack, but this was all part of a plan to frame him for the crime. Using a signed note, the killer lured Leon out of his room, and to Makoto's room, where the killer was hiding. When Leon stepped in the room, the killer attacked them with the knife they had concealed earlier. But then something happened that the killer wasn't prepared for. Leon grabbed the Golden Practice Sword in the room and used it to defend himself. He probably didn't have time to unsheath it, so he swung it while it was still in it's scabbard. He hit the killer and bruised them, but the killer counterattacked and slashed Leon with the knife.

Leon panicked, and made a run for it. He burst out of the room and tried to escape, but the killer pursued him. Eventually, he made his way to the laundry room, where the killer cornered him. With no other options, the killer took the knife and...finished Leon right there. 

Once Leon was dead, the killer set about destroying evidence. They cleaned the hallway as best they could, but missed a spot on the wall, where Leon had grasped in his escape. Not only that, but in order to hide their weapon, they took the sword Leon had carried with him and thrust it into his open wound, to make it look like the real murder weapon was the sword and not the knife. As the killer did this, I imagine they noticed the scrap of paper from the note that they had sent Leon asking him to come to the room. In fear of being discovered, they forcefully ripped it out of his hand, but a part of it was left behind.

The killer needed to make sure that the items they'd used for the crime stayed hidden, and the only place they could have hidden it is in Makoto's bathroom. However, the killer couldn't open the door due to it being stuck, so they broke it down instead.

In the morning, the killer needed to be one of the first people to arrive at the cafeteria. They snuck into the kitchen and washed the knife completely clean of Leon's blood. Then, they bided their time and waited as if nothing had happened during breakfast. I imagine they were waiting for Leon's body to be discovered, but due to an accident I had in the morning, I stumbled across Leon before anyone else. The final stage of the plan happened during the investigation, where the killer had a chance to dispose of the remaining scraps of the note in the incenrator, after successfully goating Hifumi into letting them in.