To Survive: Part 17 [END]

The entire scene, from start to finish, was not only one of the most unrealistic, but most horrifying things Chihiro had seen in her whole life. The motive video couldn't compare to the sheer sudden gruesomeness of the "execution" that had just been displayed to her. The scene...was despair. It just WAS despair. If you couldn't call it that, what else could you call it? 

"YAHOOO!!" Monokuma shrieked "that was EXTREEEEEEEEME!!! I'm DROWNING in my own adrenaline!"

Everyone's reactions were different, but one thing they all had in common were the sheer tension on everyone's faces. Hifumi, Taka, Junko, Hiro and Toko had started screaming; Hina and Chihiro herself had started to cry, even someone as rough and tough as Mondo looked incredibly distraught over the scene, and shock was upon the faces of even the cool and calm students, being Sakura, Byakuya, Celeste and Kyoko. The one person who's reaction was somewhat different was Makoto. He had fallen to his knees and rested his body in a bowing position. He was screaming, but it wasn't a scream of fear as much as it was a scream of defiance and rage.

"I-I can't...take it anymore...!" Chihiro whimpered "do we r-really have to continue doing this...? I can't do it!"

"Look, if you're not a fan of this, then there's a simple solution," Monokuma shrugged "you've just gotta completely disconnect yourself from the outside world and accept your new lives here! That is...if you think you can actually do it? Puhuhuhu!!!"

"Y-You bastard...!" a blue faced Mondo growled "what the hell's your objective in all this!?" 

"What's my objective?" Monokuma repeated "sheesh, talk about a guy like he's a supreme leader of an evil secret organisation or something...Or wait, I guess it would be talk about a BEAR like he's a supreme leader of an evil secret organisation or something..."

"I-I-I like t-to consider mys-self an u-upst-tanding citizen..." Hifumi trembled "s-so...why the hell am I being subjected to this!?"

"Becaaaaaauuuusse..." Monokuma got ready to give another cryptic answer "how else would you turn something common sense is impossible into common sense? That's like using a scale to measure length. It's not like you couldn't do it, but..."

"STOP, stop...!" Hifumi shut him up "I really don't think we're talking about the same thing here..."

"I don't know who the fuck you are, but I'll have your head on a fucking pike, I promise you that much!" 

"If you wanna hate on someone, then you're hating on the wrong bear, bro!" Monokuma jeered "I mean, this murder only happened because one of you guys wanted out, right? It's all YOUR fault because you couldn't let go of your attachment to the outside world, could you?"

"O-Of course we can't!" Toko snapped violently "you've got no right t-to chew us out after you locked us up in this fucked up place!"

"Trapped...? Me?" Monokuma repeated "meh, doesn't matter...All I know is when you guys finally uncover all the mysteries surrounding this school, I know what you'll be thinking..."I'm so glad I get to spend the rest of my life here!"" 

"H-Hey? Wh-What is that supposed to mean?" Taka asked, a bewildered expression on his face. Monokuma, unsurprisingly, did not answer. He merely gave one more merry laugh and disappeared from sight. He disappeared and left all the students alone, in their overwhelming nightmarish reality. Even after he was long gone, everyone, Chihiro in particular, refused to move for a long time. A long, long time. Even that was an understatement. Everyone was afraid. Afraid...of being left alone. No one uttered a word aside from the occasional sad groan. Everyone stood in silence, wearing long contemplative faces. Eventually, the room began to stir as Makoto got to his feet.