To Survive: Part 10 [Deadly Life]

"Wh-What...!? WHAT!?" Hina shrieked.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" Mondo roared in disbelief.

"NOOO!!" Chihiro screamed, unable to process what she had just witnessed. To explain what happened, Junko had stepped hard on Monokuma's face, however, his forcefulness had been a trap to get her to break school rules. A few seconds after he called them, several large iron spears fired out from the walls and ceiling straight at Junko, standing over Monokuma. At the very last second however, she had been pushed out of the way by a defiant Makoto, who in her place, had been impaled...!

Thankfully enough, be it due to his Ultimate Luck or no, he'd actually been able to avoid being killed himself. The spears had missed all his vitals, and the one spear that HAD hit him impaled his left shoulder. Of course, there was still the danger of him bleeding out, but if all else was hopeless, for the first time since arriving at the academy, Monokuma looked genuinely shaken up, clearly not expecting this.

"This wasn't supposed to..." Junko trembled on the ground "why...? WHY!?"

"I won't..." Makoto groaned "I won't...let anyone else...die because...of you!" He was clearly in so much pain, he was using all available strength to speak.

"Don't speak you fool!" Byakuya snapped "or you'll kill yourself, and your pleas of no one else dying will go unanswered!"

Monokuma was looking back and forth between the students, Makoto and Junko, lying distraught on the ground.

"Dammit!" he snapped "it's ok...I can recover from this!"

"Help him!" Sayaka exclaimed "please, you have to save him!!"

Monokuma turned around and sighed "You know what? Fine by me..." he said.

"Wait...you're seriously going to help him?!" Chihiro exclaimed, a bit of happiness inside her. Monokuma nodded.

"Well yeah, if I let him die, that'd just be unfair and against my programming," he said "and you know what? Listen here Enoshima! You're lucky that lucky boy cares about you! I'm gonna let you off the hook this time, but don't do that again!"

"You tried to kill me!" Junko shrieked "how could you! I'll-"

"Junko, stop it already!" Taka exclaimed "can't you see you've already caused enough trouble!"

"Yeah, Makoto almost died trying to save you! The least you could do is be grateful!" Hina snapped.

This shut Junko up. She stared at the ground, her fist clenched tightly.

"Makoto..." she said "I'm so sorry..."

"It's...*COUGH* fine..." he groaned, as Monokuma escorted him out of the gym.

"Don't worry about him, he'll be all healed up by the time the class trial starts! But at least you guys get it now, right!?" Monokuma asked maniacally "I'm DEAD serious about this! If you defy me, I'll impale you, blow you up, melt you down, bury you alive, etc! If you guys don't want to end up like Enoshima Swiss Cheese like Ms Junko Enoshima over there almost was, then you'd better adhere to the school rules, you got it!?"

With that, he left. Not nearly a few seconds later, he came back.

"I know what you're thinking "That was quick!" and the thing is, that was my afterimage! There's one more thing I forgot to mention, but Makoto would have probably bled out if I didn't hurry. Anyway, as per each trial, I have a little something something to give to you all. I call it the Monokuma File!"

"Monokuma File?" Taka repeated "what's that?"

"Look at it this way, you guys may be talented, but you've probably never investigated a murder in your life before," Monokuma explained "there's only so much you can learn from just looking at a body, so that's why I put together this little file full of information and cause of death-y things surrounding the murder. It wouldn't be any fun if the trial isn't fair after all!"