Epilogue: Goodbye Despair High School.

As unfortunate and weird as it was to say, the ending to the killing game and the story so far wasn't exactly what one would call climactic.

Sure, it had gotten a bit dramatic, with Chihiro having to pull everyone back from the brink of Despair, but it wasn't on the level of the whole building going down in an explosion, Hollywood style. Nor did anyone really narrate the aftermath in an extravagant, flowery detail, like you may have expected them to. In fact, nothing really "ending-like" happened at all. 

Everything remained the same. Everything except for one thing: The Air Conditioning turned off, signifying the Air Purifier had turned off with it, just as Junko said it would. That was it.

Leaving the courtroom behind, Mondo, Kyoko and Taka all gathered in the entrance hall. Chihiro and Mukuro had both opted to briefly head back to their rooms to get some last remaining things, with Alter Ego. A few minutes later, Chihiro came back.

"Sorry you guys," he said "I just needed to make a quick stop..."

"What for?" Taka asked. Chihiro answered by showing him what he was holding underneath his arm. He had rushed back to his room to grab the laptop.

"I don't think Alter Ego will be able to leave the school while they're in the Monokuma body," Chihiro said "so I quickly went back to but him back in the laptop before we left."

"No man left behind," Mondo smirked "and...speaking of which, where's Mukuro at?"

"I'm here..." everyone turned when they heard the mercenaries voice, but all were decently surprised, and raised their eyebrows when Mukuro actually emerged. For she was wearing the Junko Enoshima disguise that she had donned for most of the killing game.

"I'm sorry if everyone is already sick of seeing Junko's appearance," Mukuro said "I ask you to patiently bare with me for the time being."

"I don't mind what you wear but..." Taka scratched his face "why wear that? Are you sure you want to go out in the world with that wig on?"

"Well, though Junko was trying to antagonize me, what she said wasn't exactly wrong. Though, whether I go out in that world as Mukuro Ikusaba or Junko Enoshima doesn't matter at this point I suppose, given everyone already knows the secret..." Mukuro considered "there's also the fact that...I don't think I knew my sister as well as I thought I did...pretending to be her...maybe it'll make me understand her a little bit more...I don't know really..."

"I won't question your motives," Kyoko said "but it is of my understanding that you're not doing this to hide, correct?"

"No. I've made up my mind," Mukuro said "as long as I'm out there, I'm going to accept the world's resentment of me. And of Junko. I refuse to die until I destroy all of the Despair that Junko spread..."

"You know...it'll be very hard on you Mukuro..." Mondo said "we don't want to force you to go out there if you don't want to...I know Chihiro said we wouldn't leave without you, but really, it's up to you..."

"As I already said, the broadcasts have already outed Junko and myself as the central figures in the Tragedy...To those stragglers out there who remain untainted by Despair, I'm nothing more than an irredeemable terrorist...and to those rioters who were on our side, I'm a traitor..." Mukuro considered "I'm an enemy of the entire world, and chances are I'm going to drag you all down with me...but this is nothing new or significant to me, and I'm not going to let them get me, or you guys, while my guard is down..."

"Damn...we have one weird friend..." Taka smiled.

"Actually...I think I have 4 weird friends, 5 counting Alter Ego." Chihiro smirked.