A Next Generation Legend: Part 4

With nothing really else to do, the boys all spent the rest of the afternoon in the cafeteria, chatting away. Hiro and Hifumi, as Junko expected, made a few suggestions of going in to peep, but it was clear they were simply joking around. Regardless, they still got some stern words from Taka. Eventually, the girls all came back.

"Aaah...That was nice..." Junko stretched her arms, a look of immense satisfaction on her face.

"It really does feel good to relax in such a large bath after so long." Celeste grinned.

"Agreed." Even Kyoko was smiling. Subtly, she also gave Chihiro a nod, indicating that thankfully, none of the other girls had found out about Alter Ego.

"Normally I would be craving my after-bath protein coffee, but-" Sakura began to say, however, she was heavily cut off as Monokuma suddenly popped up out of nowhere.

"Sorry! But there's no time for that!" the bear giggled.

"Hmph...I figured as much..." she frowned.

"Huh?" Monokuma asked "what do you mean?"

"We were just discussing it while we were in the bath," Celeste explained "we thought that you'd call us for one of your little... "events" shall we say, at some point..."

"We were just sitting back, recovering, and enjoying ourselves, as well as trying to make Sakura feel better," Kyoko added "with your sick and twisted personality, there's no way you would let that continue..."

"On one hand, that's kinda harsh..." Monokuma pouted "but on the other, I'm glad that you know me so well! Here, as thanks, I've brought you all a little present!"

"Present?" Chihiro felt himself sweat "what do you mean?"

"Oh? You wanna know?" Monokuma giggled "if so, then there's only one way to find out! Report to the gymnasium! Your present is awaiting you there!"

And once again, he popped off.

"Wh-What is he planning this time...?" Hifumi asked.

"D...Don't tell me...he's got another one of those fucking motives for us...!?" Mondo began to tremble.

"Unfortunately," Kyoko seemed stern "I believe that you may be right..."

"Already!?" Taka exclaimed "but the previous one was implemented only yesterday evening!"

"I...I don't think we should go..." Makoto spoke up "is that just me, or..."

"Nah, I'm with you on that one dude," Hiro crossed his arms and sulked "I've personally been through enough trauma..."

"As much as I would like to, Monokuma's unpredictable..." Junko suddenly became the voice of reason "whatever the case is, we just need to grin and bear it..."

"I agree with that sentiment..." Sakura added "whatever the reason is this time around, let us hope it is not as terrible as the last..."

"Yeah...let's hope..." Mondo scratched his head, the shame flooding back to him.

Chihiro and the others drudgingly marched for the gym, but upon opening the doors, they discovered that they weren't the first one's there.

"To think I would have to wait for all of you..." Byakuya snarled "if it weren't for the lack of guns and the rules of this place, I would shoot you all where you stand..."

"You got here pretty fast Byakuya..." Chihiro pointed out, choosing to ignore his remark. 

"Because unlike some people," he replied "I actually remember how to walk..."