Ultimate Despair: Part 7 [Deadly Life]

"Well..." Kyoko considered, after the announcement closed "it appears we don't have as much time to dwell on it as we would like. Let's get started. This is the beginning of the end."

"Alright then," Taka said "I know this may sound like a strange suggestion to make now of all times...But I have something I need to recommend to us all..."

"And what's that?" Mukuro asked.

"Even though we're all working as a team on this one..." he said "I think it would be best if...during this investigation, we all split up and investigate seperately."

"Huh?" Mondo asked "why?"

"Monokuma's conditions involved having to figure out the mysteries of the academy alongside finding out who killed Byakuya in this instance," Taka explained "but if we're going to get as many answers as we can within the time we have...we'll have to search the entire school...And if we all went around as one big group, we would be far from finished by the time Monokuma assembles us all..."

"Taka's right..." Chihiro frowned "as much as I hate to admit it, we need to split up on this one. We need to each go and investigate different places around the school by ourselves if we're going to get anything accomplished."

"Alright then..." Mondo cracked his knuckles "you're the boss Taka. Who goes where?"

"Actually..." Taka said "I was thinking of leading that up to Chihiro. As the leader of the Hope's Peak Student Strikeforce, he should be most mindful of where to search!"

"Hope's Peak what!?" Chihiro guffawed "actually...never mind...Alright, I'll do it, just because I don't have time to say no."

"I await your orders then..."Captain."" Kyoko joked, causing Chihiro to give her a stubborn glare.

"Alright then," he said "first of all...Kyoko. You investigate the second floor of the Student Dorms, assuming like Monokuma said, it's open and available for exploration now. You're the only one who's been up there before, so you'll do a better job at navigating your way around than any of the rest of us there, hence why I'm leaving that to you."

"Of course," Kyoko said "I'll make sure to take a more thorough look around, since I wasn't able to last time..."

"Next...Mukuro," Chihiro turned to the mercenary, "to be frank, when it comes to figuring out the truth of the academy...with that belt as a factor, I don't think you're going to be much use..."

"I already knew as much beforehand..." Mukuro sighed and scowled "I just didn't want anyone else to say it..."

"Well, don't worry, because you can focus your efforts on where you CAN help out," Chihiro said "I want you to go and investigate the Bio Lab. I don't know if Byakuya's body is still there or not, but all the better if it is. Your job is to focus on who killed him and how. Can you do that?"

"Of course." Mukuro saluted.

"Taka, you're next," Chihiro turned to the uptight honor student "I want you to take a thorough look around the Data Processing room one more time. We were in there so briefly that we didn't get a good enough chance to investigate there, but that's why I want to give it another go. Think you can do that?"

"It would be my honor!" Taka pounded his chest in determination.

"And Mondo," Chihiro finalized "your job is the Headmaster's Office. Go up there and find anything that you possibly can. I don't care if you have to tear the whole room apart to find anything, sound good?"

"Sounds GREAT!" Mondo pounded his fists together.

"That just leaves Alter Ego and myself to cover everything else," Chihiro turned to the AI infested Monokuma "you game?"