All-Star Apologies: Part 17 [Deadly Life]

As everyone split off into their individual groups, Makoto and Chihiro each took a close look around the scene. One glance at the place had signified that something had gone down.

"All these chairs have seen better days..." Chihiro observed "most of them are knocked over, but this one is broken..."

"Hm..." Makoto didn't reply. Instead, he seemed to stare off into space, scratching his chin.

"Hey. Are you listening to me?" Chihiro tapped him on the shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, sorry," he replied "I've just been thinking...Mondo was right..."

"About what?" Chihiro asked.

"About the door," Makoto said "the Music Room door isn't supposed to lock...at least not from the outside..."

"So we've got another locked room mystery, huh?" Chihiro sighed "deja vu..."

"Maybe, but this time around, I don't think the killer held the door shut themselves," Makoto said "Mondo broke in, so whoever was in here would have been caught when he did..."

"You're right..." Chihiro thought "there has to be some reason for it..."

🔫Music Room Door added to the Truth Bullets🔫

"What was that you were saying about a chair?" Makoto asked "sorry, I was a little bit distracted..."

"Look at these chairs," Chihiro said "all of them have been knocked over. And one of them is broken. Think this might indicate some sort of struggle?"

"Hm...it's hard to say whether the killer took Taeko by surprise or not, given the circumstances of her death..." Makoto thought "but here's a question. Why is only one chair broken?"

"Now that you mention it, I was thinking about that myself," Chihiro said "if there really was a struggle, then more than that chair would be broken...it doesn't make much sense to me..."

"Yeah...There must be a reason, right?" he asked "we'd better make a note of it..."

🔫Signs of a Struggle added to the Truth Bullets🔫

"Wait...hold on a second...what's that?" Chihiro stopped for a moment and leant down to pick up something on the floor.

"Huh? What's up? What did you find?" Makoto tilted his head in an attempt to look over Chihiro's shoulder.

"This...probably shouldn't be here..." Chihiro picked the object up off the floor and showed it to her partner. Is was an empty roll, like one that carried toilet paper or kitchen towels.

"Did you just...find that on the floor?" Makoto asked "what do you suppose was on it?"

"Not sure..." Chihiro thought "there's not a lot of stuff around here that could go on a roll like this...I don't think it's for toilet paper, it's too thin..."

"Right..." Makoto thought "let's hold onto it for now. Anyway, what next?"

"The body itself needs to be inspected sooner or later," Chihiro said "from the looks of things, Kyoko and Mondo are already on it."

"Right..." Makoto sighed "honestly, I'm not really looking forward to this..."

"Me neither, but we have to do it," Chihiro said "we may get some clues..."

Upon climbing up the stage to get closer to the body, Chihiro and Makoto saw that Kyoko was already underneath the piano, while Mondo held it up.

"Hey, perfect timing," Kyoko noticed their arrival "can one of you two help me get her out of here?"