Boys Life of Despair: Part 4

"Good morning everyone! It is now 7am, and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine!" Monokuma did his usual morning announcement, however, this morning, he added something on the end, being "ah, yes, right...I would also like to let you all know that your E-Handbooks have been updated. There is a new rule, so be sure to read it over, and enjoy the enriching academic environment as per usual!"

Our of curiosity, when Chihiro woke up after the announcement, she checked her E-Handbook and remembered the new rule Monokuma mentioned yesterday. Students are not permitted to loan their E-Handbooks. After doing so and getting ready for the morning, she left her room and headed to the cafeteria.

"Morning Chihiro!" Hina greeted her as everyone else came in.

"Morning..." Chihiro rubbed the sleep out of her eyes "is everyone already here?"

"Nah, not yet," Hiro replied "still waiting on Byakuya and Taka."

"I mean, it's not surprising that Byakuya's late, but Taka?" Makoto asked "he's almost never late. What's up with that?"

"Oh, fret not," Celeste smirked "Taka was here, but he went to Byakuya's room to... "assist him with his chronic tardiness."

"Indeed, he should be back soon enough," Sakura crossed her arms "until then, we wait..."

Chihiro sat down at her table, but then suddenly noticed there was a strange puddle near to Celeste's seat. She leaned to look at it, but Junko pulled her back.

"Honestly, you're lucky you missed it," she said cryptically "it scared the shit out of most of us, even Mondo and me..."

"What happened?" she asked.

"Ok, so like, when we got here this morning, Celeste said she was thirsty, and she made Hifumi go and make her a cup of tea...But when Hifumi came back, and Celeste sipped the tea, she smashed the cup and it went everywhere. When Hifumi asked her what was wrong, she said something like "serving me this stuff can only be described as a culinary slap in the face" or some shit... "Henceforth, my royal milk tea will be simmered in milk and not just slopped into a cup...""

"Speaking of which, where is Hifumi?" Chihiro asked.

"W-Well...when he said it sounded like a lot of work, and that we didn't exactly have a menu or anything...Well...Celeste snapped...! She called him a "boot-licker" or some shit, and screamed at him to go make it again...!"

Chihiro's eyes widened and she shot Celeste a look. There's no way the gambling girl didn't hear them, as she wasn't sitting that far away, yet she either ignored them or chose not to react, as she remained where she was with her usual smirk. Still, it was hard to believe that Celeste could show such anger as Junko had described. However, Chihiro believed her, simply because everyone else in the dining room still appeared to be trembling at the mentioned encounter. However, everyone snapped back as the doors to the dining hall suddenly burst open, and Taka stormed in. However, the look on his face immediately told everyone that something was amiss...

"A-Attention soldiers...!" he clenched his fist "w-we have an unusual situation on our hands!"

"Hm? What is it?" Makoto asked.

"It's Byakuya," Taka explained "he's not coming out of him room...I rang the bell a number of times, and not once did he respond to any of them."

"So? What if he's just pretending to not be in?" Junko asked.

"W-Well, that is what I would like to believe..." Taka trembled "but...none of you suppose something happened to him, do you?"

Though this was hardly a good thing, Taka needed not elaborate on the "something" he was referring to. Everyone knew.