Pain of a Junk Food Junkie: Part 8

After parting ways with Byakuya, Chihiro returned to his room for the afternoon. He couldn't quite tell what it was, but for some reason, he was shivering like crazy. The temperature of the room was what it usually was, but for some reason he felt kind of cold, and was having trouble focusing on anything. He wanted to go the the dining hall to get something to eat, but couldn't muster up the will to. Nighttime was still a ways off, but Chihiro flopped into bed and like a typical machine, he powered down. A little bit of static in said machine still lingered however, and Chihiro clutched his aching chest as he lay on his back under his covers.

"I'm just worried..." he told himself "this is just...worry sickness..."

He could deny no longer that he was worried about Kyoko. He at first thought that this must have been the reason for his unhealthy being right now. However...as Chihiro slowly began to drift into a more deep sleep, he suddenly heard something...

A voice...ringing in his head.

"I know..."

Chihiro opened his eyes and realized where he was. He was back in the room. The room where all his recent nightmares about his deceased classmates had happened. At first, he thought that it was just another one, and was frustrated because he thought he was past this now, but something about this nightmare in particular didn't feel right...The room was empty. No one, dead or alive, was in sight. Chihiro was by himself. Yet he could still hear the voice.

"I know..."

That voice...I recognize that voice...it's...

my voice...

"I know...everything..."

Chihiro suddenly lurched and spun around, coming face to face with the source of the voice.

"I know...everything...My goal...Is not to leave this place...My goal...is to stay here. I must remain here. I must not leave this place.

Huh?

Chihiro didn't understand. The figure in front of him clearly looked and sounded like him. But why would he say something like that...?

"Hope..." the figure said "this is all for the sake of Hope. That's why I have to stay. I have to stay here. I can't allow myself or anyone else to leave."

Chihiro couldn't bear to be in the room any longer and practically forced himself to wake up. However...doing so didn't relieve him of the threat...

For when he opened his eyes...he saw...

he saw