To Survive: Part 2

//The story officially just reached 100 reads! Thanks!

"C'mon kid, you gotta catch up!" Junko called, as Chihiro began to trail behind.

"Wh-Where are...we even going?" Chihiro panted, not having much energy to follow her.

"To the classrooms," Junko told her "I wanna take another look at those iron plates. Say, did you try to pull one off?"

"I didn't," Chihiro explained "I already knew just by looking at them, it would be pointless...I'm not that strong..."

Junko didn't even respond as she opened a door to one of the classrooms. Inside, Leon and Yasuhiro were already examining the windows. Clearly, they'd had the same idea as Junko had.

"Oh, hey guys," Junko called "got it to budge?"

"What do you think?" Leon asked sarcastically, indicating to the very much unremoved iron plates.

"Well, move over smartass! Give me a try!" Junko pushed past Leon and attempted to pry the window open herself. Unfortunately, she couldn't get it to budge either. After that, Leon and Junko attempted to pry the window open together.

"Hey, Chihiro! Lend us a hand!" she said.

"D-Didn't you hear me?" Chihiro asked "I won't add any sort of strength to the effort!"

"Ugh...then...Hiro! Help us out!" Junko turned to Hiro, who had been lazing off this whole time. Hiro turned to Junko with his eyebrow raised.

"Huh? Why?" he asked.

"The hell do you mean "why!?"" Leon exclaimed "we're trapped in here, we need to get out! Pull your weight man!" 

"Why're you panicking?" he asked "don't you get it? This is all just some big prank the guys behind the scenes are pulling on us. You don't gotta scream and break your way out. They've just locked us in to get used to it, they'll let us out soon..."

"Weren't you listening to anything Monokuma said!?" Junko snapped "he said the only way out is to kill someone!"

"And you believe him? Psh..." Hiro sat at a desk and leaned back in the chair with his arms behind his head "get real dude. It's all just some big show, I'm telling ya..."

"You're still saying that...?" Junko frowned. Leon sighed

"To be honest man...I really hope he's right...But hey! If you're watching this, whoever you are, this really isn't funny! I'm gonna kick your ass for this!"

The group spent another hour or so trying to pry off the iron plates on the windows. After several minutes of consultation, Junko was able to convince Chihiro to help them pull, but like Chihiro already pointed out, it didn't help at all. Leon then shook Hiro around and forced him to help as well, but that still didn't help.

"Fuck it! I'm done!" Leon frustratingly punched the iron plate with his fist, and then shook off the pain "this fucking plate won't budge a damn inch!"

"Now what?" Junko asked "what, we think about our place in the universe?"

"Can I make a suggestion?" Hiro asked "Monokuma said there were dorms, am I right? and Fuji-bean and Hara-Junko already went there?"

"Hara-Junko?" Junko looked at Hiro with a raised eyebrow at the name.

"Mind showing Leon and I where they are? I wanna check them out" Hiro said ignoring her. For once, the group agreed that Hiro had a good idea in mind.

By the time the group got back to the dorm area, Kiyotaka Ishimaru was already looking around the area. He acknowledged the groups presence, but did not speak to them initially. Junko recalled Monokuma's instructions and found her room, with Chihiro doing the same. Leon and Hiro's rooms were farther down the back of the hallway. Chihiro took out the key Monokuma had given her, with "C.Fujisaki" drawn on it, and opened the door. Surpringly, Junko came in after her.

"I wanna look at these places with someone else," she said "I don't really wanna be alone right now..."

"N-No, I understand...It's fine." Chihiro smiled. When she entered, Chihiro noticed on the bedroom wall was a piece of paper sellotaped to it. She took it down from the wall and read it. "An important message from your dear headmaster. Room locks have been equipped with mechanisms that make them unpickable. The key's are a bit of a pain to make, so please, don't lose them. Every room comes with a shower, but just so you're aware, the water is turned off at nighttime, between 10pm and 7am as a reminder. Furthermore, only the showers in the girls rooms lock at night. Lastly, I have prepared a gift for all of you. In the girls room drawers, you will find a ladylike sewing kit, which inside includes a diagram of human pressure points. In the men's, a masculine tool box. I'd recommend the hammer personally. Remember to live your lives peacefully, and let's all have a killer time!"

As soon as Chihiro was done reading, Junko snatched the letter from her and threw it straight in the bin in the corner. After forcing herself not to cry again, Chihiro looked around the room. The windows had iron plates in this room too. The bed looked mostly comfortable and there was a room that branched off, which was probably the shower room.

"Hey..." Junko said "mind coming to my room for a second? There's something I wanna test..."

"What's that?" Chihiro asked

"Just come on..." Junko said.

After arriving at her room, Junko went inside and told Chihiro to wait outside. 2 minutes went by and nothing happened. After those two minutes were up, Junko returned, clutching her throat.

"Did you hear anything?" Junko asked.

"Huh?" Chihiro thought aloud "what was I meant to hear?"

"So you didn't, huh?" Junko coughed "to be honest, I just went in the room, closed the door and screamed with all my lung energy.

"What!? Why!?" Chihiro exclaimed. Junko indicated to the dorm room again.

"Just wanted to test something..." she said "seems the rooms are totally soundproof..."

"Oh...Oh dear..." Chihiro trembled...

"Yeah, that's right..." Junko sighed "I know you don't wanna picture it, but someone could be dying in the next room over, and you'd never hear it..."

Chihiro was just about ready to cry again, when suddenly, the conversation was cut short, as Taka abruptly cut in.

"Junko! Chihiro!" he exclaimed "we are all meeting up in the dining hall to detail our findings! Be there on time! And by that I mean come now!"

He took off as soon as he'd arrived. They fasionista and the programmer both turned to each other. Junko shrugged and placed her hand on Chihiro's shoulder. She then guided the tiny ultimate to the dining hall.