All-Star Apologies: Part 5

Mukuro Ikusaba...

As soon as Kyoko spoke the name, silence rang throughout the cafeteria. To be frank, neither Chihiro, Mondo nor Taka had any idea who this person that Kyoko was referring to was, but given the gloved girls uncharacteristically serious and frustrated expression, they somehow could tell that if what Kyoko knew about her was true, she was going to turn out to be no joke.

"And...who is she?" Taka asked.

"She's one of the youngest reported members of the Fenrir group," Kyoko explained "and one of the most dangerous. Realistically, she's about our age..."

"You're serious?" Mondo asked "how dangerous is this chick?"

"There's something about the picture I didn't mention," Chihiro added "in it, this girl...Mukuro I guess...was in the middle of an arm wrestling match against Sakura."

"But that's basically an impossible challenge!" Taka exclaimed "no one can hold a candle to Sakura's strength, right?"

"No," Chihiro recalled "actually, I couldn't tell who was winning, but she seemed to be holding her own without a lot of effort..."

"Mukuro Ikusaba has received military training from a very young age and is highly proficient in both a variety of firearms and hand-to-hand combat," Kyoko continued "it's rumored when pushed to the limit she can enter a kind of battle trance, whe...

"Mukuro Ikusaba has received military training from a very young age and is highly proficient in both a variety of firearms and hand-to-hand combat," Kyoko continued "it's rumored when pushed to the limit she can enter a kind of battle trance, where her speed and reflexes increase to high-superhuman levels. Not only that, but she's apparently never received a single wound on the battlefield..."

"Sorry if it sounds like I'm prying, and I'm not doubting you or anything Kyoko," Chihiro asked "but how do you know all this stuff? Could you really have known all about it before we came here?"

"Actually, I only found out about the group since coming here," Kyoko explained "a few days after the second class trial, I went to the library to see if I could find where Byakuya found that case file on Genocide Jack's character profile. It was contained in an archive that split off from the main room. In that same archive, there was a profile on the members of Fenrir. Mukuro Ikusaba was one mentioned member.

"Truly?" Taka asked.

"If you don't believe me, I'd be glad to fetch the file right now." Kyoko said.

"No, I believe you," Taka said "what else did it say about her?"

"There was a personality file on her, but it wasn't very long," Kyoko explained "Mukuro Ikusaba is ruthless and can kill and harm others with no remorse. She seems completely indifferent towards other people, and though she doesn't take any sadistic pleasure in hurting or killing people, she shows little concern for their suffering."

"She sounds like a real piece of work..." Mondo thought "but...what's all this gotta do with the academy?"

"What do you mean?" Chihiro asked.