Boys Life of Despair: Part 11

After the nighttime announcement, everyone had split up to go to different places, each and every person preparing to deal with the new motive for murder in whatever way they could. Mondo, for one, had decided to go up to the changing rooms on the second floor and spend the night lifting weights. Most of the students, including Makoto, Kyoko, Hina and a few others, just returned to their room and tried to sleep the stress off. Chihiro herself, had gone to the bathhouse, not to soak her stress away, but to vent her problems to...herself.

[I see...] Alter Ego responded after Chihiro explained to it what was going on [that is bad...Very bad.]

Thanks for being blunt about it... Chihiro couldn't help but think, when faced with the AI's straightforward response. 

[But...I have an idea...] Chihiro said [like I told you already, I can't stay the same helpless person that I am right now...I need to do something about it, now more than ever...I just need to find the strength to be able to tell everyone...]

[I doubt you'll be able to build up enough muscle for that kind of strength over the course of one night...] Alter Ego responded.

[I know that, but I'm not talking about physical strength,] Chihiro said [I need the mental strength to be able to tell all of these people the truth. They deserve to know...People's lives are on the line here...And I...]

She paused for a moment before finishing what she was typing.

[I feel this is my best chance...The chance I've been waiting my whole life for...I'm going to get stronger and accept who I am...Strong enough so that even if someone says...that...to me, I'll be ok. I'll get better!]

[Well, good for you, Master,] Alter Ego smiled [then...may I make a suggestion?]

[What?] Chihiro asked.

[Like I said before, at least one person has to know about this for it to work properly...And I think I know who...]

Alter Ego's suggestion is one thing that Chihiro seemed to agree with. At this time, the person they suggested meeting with would have been up in the changing rooms on the second floor. Just showing herself there would be perfect. However, as of right now, it was pretty important that no one else knew about this, so Chihiro had to be sneaky about it. Being careful to avoid Taka, as not even he could know about this, Chihiro's first destination was the storage room. After all, it wasn't much use working out if she didn't have the right clothes...and of course, working out in her dress was out of the question. By this point, a few of the students, particularly the guys, had already nabbed their own exercise tracksuits from the storage, so chances are there was another one in there for her. Being really careful not to make a noise, she searched the shelves until she managed to find a few neatly folded tracksuits. Unfortunately, there was only one that she could find that was in her size, but as long as it was there, she could take it. It was a faded blue color, and it was right next to a medium sized duffel bag. The programmer decided to take that too, so she nabbed it and breathed a huge sigh of relief as she chucked the tracksuit inside it. Excitedly, she prepared to leave, however, as soon as she turned around, she yelped and staggered back as she was greeted with a pair of crimson eyes.

"Not up to anything, are we?" the owner of the eyes said. After Chihiro recovered from the shock of the situation, she looked back up to see that it was the Ultimate Gambler, Celestia Ludenburg, who had scared her. Apologetically, Celeste took Chihiro's hand and helped her to her feet.

 Apologetically, Celeste took Chihiro's hand and helped her to her feet