All-Star Apologies: Part 11

"So, let me get it straight," Makoto said "the laptop contains some encrypted files, and Alter Ego has been working to...un-encrypt them in case they contain some hidden info about the academy?"

"The actual term is decrypt," Chihiro explained "and yes, that's basically it."

"I understand that it's hard to believe it since we've been keeping it a secret," Kyoko said "but it was Chihiro's idea. He doesn't want to get everyone's hopes up in case it ends up being something completely unrelated."

"I guess there's also the risk that too many of us knowing may cause someone to accidently slip up around Monokuma," Makoto considered "I guess I get it."

After their group hug, the trio decided that it would be a wise move on their part to carry the conversation somewhere else. Even if Monokuma had no way of seeing them, there was no doubt that if the three of them stayed there for too long, he would think something was up. As entertaining as an idea of a mixed bath was to Monokuma, his big bear mouth would probably rat the group out sooner or later. To get to the point, the three of them had moved to Makoto's room to carry on their discussion, simply because it was less cluttered and had more room than Kyoko's and Chihiro's.

"Anyway...I'm glad I was able to talk to you guys..." Makoto said "there's just something that I wanted to say...And that's that I'm sorry for the way that I was acting..."

"Why now of all times?" Chihiro asked.

"It's just...like I told you, I thought acting tough would stop me being an easy target..." he explained "but I treated you all so horribly and I didn't want to...so I'm sorry...I just felt pressured and...I never realized that you might've had amnesia Kyoko..."

"That misunderstanding stemmed from my lack of trusting others...something that I hope to reprimand," Kyoko explained "and all I really remember is accepting an invitation to join our class in Hopes Peak. I don't remember what I was accepted for though..."

"It is weird..." Makoto explained "I believe you when you say that you are a student of the academy, but I remember looking up everyone's names and talents online before I came here. I don't remember seeing your name pop up on the servers I checked..."

"I didn't check them as thoroughly as you, but I had a quick glance at them myself," Chihiro explained "Kyoko wasn't the only one not present, but yeah, I don't remember seeing her either."

"I've been entertaining the thought that the Mastermind did something to me to wipe my memories...or more accurately, erase them," Kyoko said "and I don't know the reason for it either..."

"Amnesia and memory wiping usually only really exists in movies and comics..." Makoto thought "but even so..."

"Yeah, we've seen logic be defied SEVERAL times since we've been trapped here," Chihiro said "even if it'll be hard for the others to believe, it's not as ridiculous as it sounds..."

"Whatever the case," Makoto said "I'm gonna help you guys get to the bottom of it, in any way that I can. I might not be able to do much to help, but I'm going to try."

"That's the spirit Makoto," Chihiro smiled "and...I'm not trying to pry or anything, and I won't force you, but what do you plan on doing from here on out? We'll be meeting in the cafeteria tomorrow morning to discuss our plan of action. Are you in?"

"...I...About that..." Makoto said "I think you guys should hold the morning meeting without me...Like you have been doing..."

"Why's that?" Kyoko asked.

"I'm...I'm just not ready to face everyone yet...given the way that I acted..." Makoto sighed "I know it'll probably just be Mondo and Taka, but I said some pretty horrible things to both of them...I called Mondo a hypocrite...and I told Taka that if he really plans on stopping the killing game, he should try harder...I'm not ready to face them both after all the things I said...